Chicago State University
Announcement of a Sole Source Purchase
Vendor: Ad Astra Information Systems, LL, Overland Park, KS
Terms: One-time transaction
The award for this sole source was published beyond the anticipated date due to administrative issues.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Results of the hearing are attached.
First published Wednesday, July 28, 2010
The University awarded a contract for Astra Schedule License and Service Agreemen to Ad Astra Information Systems, LL, Overland Park, KS, for $91,500.
Ad Astra Information Systems is the sole manufacturer and distributor of the Astra Schedule software and is a SunGardHE Collaborative Partner. The features included in this software are vital to improving the scheduling business practices. Astra Schedule is a specialized academic space and event management system that is produced and marketed solely by Ad Astra Information Systems. The system has unique capabilities that will provide Chicago State University with the ability to:
1. Deploy a 100% web based solution allowing for scalability across all stakeholders and locations.
2. Automate the academic room assignment using a weighted preference based algorithm.
3. Incorporate non-academic activities (events) and academic activities into one system.
4. Run bundled utilization reports within the standard software without additional purchase or implementation of applications. These reports are used to analyze room utilization, capacity, enrollment trends, bottlenecks and schedules.
5. Provide the ability to integrate with Platinum Analytics, already licensed and in use at Chicago State University, in order to incorporate student demand for courses into the academic schedule creation process. This proprietary system and business process is patented in the US and Canada and interfaces with Banner and CAPP, CSUâs student information system.
A Public Hearing will be held on August 16, 2010, at 10:00 A.M. in room 317 in the Cook Administration Building, 9501 S. King Drive, Chicago, Illinois.
This purchase is only economically available from a single source because the
compatibility of equipment, accessories, replacement parts, or service is a paramount consideration.
For additional information, contact:
A public hearing will be held at which interested parties may testify for or against
the sole source determination as described in this notice. The purpose of the hearing
is to receive information from the public in a reasonable manner. Formal rules of
evidence will not apply.
The hearing panel will produce minutes of the hearing and may record it in order
to aid in the production of the minutes. Interested parties wishing to comment
for or against the determination may do so in writing or in person. If you wish
to testify, prior registration is requested to ensure adequate time is allowed for all parties.
August 16, 2010
9501 S. King Drive -ADM 317
Date, time, and location are
subject to change. It is the responsibility of potential
participants to confirm these details prior to attendance.
August 11, 2010
Written comments may be submitted in lieu of or in addition to oral testimony.
All such comments shall be considered public record and open to review by the
Written comments must be received no later than
August 14, 2010.
Any party who wishes to testify must register in advance to guarantee an opportunity
to testify. Individuals who have not registered in advance may be heard, time
permitting, at the discretion of the Hearing Officer. An individual will be
heard only once on a particular item.
Proceedings from the meeting will be available for download following the hearing date.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.