Eastern Illinois University
Invitation for Construction Bid:
Student Union Cooling Tower Replacement
Contractor: Reliable Plumbing & Heating Company, Savoy, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Tuesday July 10, 2007
Eastern Illinois University is accepting bids for the replacement of the cooling tower at the Student Union.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday August 7, 2007:
1135 Old Main
600 Lincoln Avenue
A pre-bid conference is scheduled for 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday, July 31, 2007, in the Schahrer Room at the Student Union.
The scope of work for demolition is as follows:
- Disconnect and remove existing condenser water and make up water piping associated with the cooling tower to the extent needed at the Student Union building.
- Disconnect and remove existing cooling tower on the roof of the Student Union building.
- Disconnect and remove existing cooling tower on roof of the Klehm Hall building.
- Disconnect and remove all power and control wiring and devices associated with demolished equipment.
The scope of new work is as follows:
- Relocate and install existing cooling tower from the roof of the Klehm Hall building to the roof of the Student Union building.
- Provide new condenser water piping and make up water piping connections to relocated cooling tower.
- Reconnect power wiring to relocated cooling tower on the roof of the Student Union building.
- Connect relocated cooling tower to existing Andover Control system.
Drawings and specifications on file for reference at the following locations:
- F.W. Dodge, 421 South Grand Avenue West, Springfield, IL 62704
- Greater Peoria Contractors, 1811 West Altorfer Drive, Peoria, IL 61615
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 504 West Jackson, Marion, IL 62959
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 1468 Green Mount Road, O'Fallon, IL 62269
Drawings and specifications for this project may be obtained by sending a $50 cashier's check, made payable to KM2 Design Group, to:
KM2 Design Group, P.C.
3171 Greenhead Drive
Phone: (217) 793-2299
FAX: (217) 793-3311
For more information, contact:
Phone: (217) 581-7220
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.