Eastern Illinois University
Invitation for Construction Bid: Water Tower Improvements
Contractor: Hanfland Painting Contractors, LLC, Sigel, ILNumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Tuesday, February 5, 2008:
Procurement, Disbursements & Contract Services
1135 Old Main
600 Lincoln Avenue
A pre-bid conference will be scheduled at the Greenup Room in the MLK Student Union at 10:00 AM on January 24, 2008. The pre-bid conference will include a site visit to the water tower. Prospective bidders who cannot attend the pre-bid conference shall contact Chad Weber (217-581-6209) to schedule a site visit at an alternate time.
A site visit is MANDATORY for all prospective bidders. No bids will be opened/evaluated from bidders that are not listed on sign-in sheets from either the pre-bid conference or an individual site visit.
Time of Completion: The project shall be substantially completed within 120 calendar days after issuance of a Written Notice to Proceed. The project shall be fully completed within 150 calendar days of a Written Notice to Proceed.
Drawings and specification on file for reference at the following locations:
- McGraw Hill/Dodge, 1620 South 5th Street, Springfield, IL 62703-3171
- Reed Construction Data, 30 Technology Parkway South, Norcross, GA 30092
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 1468 North Green Mount Road, O'Fallon, IL 62269
- Greater Peoria Contractors and Suppliers Association, 1811 West Altorfer Drive, Peoria, IL 61615
Copies of the contract documents, including drawings, specifications and bid forms may be obtained at the office of Clark Dietz, Inc., 1817 South Neil, Suite 100, Champaign, IL 61820 (217-373-8900) between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday upon deposit of $50. Checks should be made payable to Clark Dietz, Inc. This deposit is non-refundable.
For additional information, contact:
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.