Eastern Illinois University
Invitation for Construction Bid: Abatement Services for Lincoln and Stevenson Halls
Contractor: General Waste Services, Inc, Alton, ILNumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The low bidder did not meet all the pre-qualifications as required by the Illinois Procurement Code.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Tuesday, January 12, 2010
The scope of work includes the abatement of asbestos containing materials prior to the planned remodeling within Lincoln Hall and Stevenson Hall.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Thursday, January 28, 2010:
Procurement, Disbursements & Contract Services
1135 Old Main
600 Lincoln Avenue
A pre-bid conference will be scheduled in the in the Illinois Room, basement of Stevenson Hall at Eastern Illinois University on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. prevailing time.
Drawings and Specifications on file for reference at the following locations:
- KAM Solutions, P.C., 2417 Marshall Avenue, P.O. Box 1756, Mattoon, IL 61938
- Eastern Illinois University, Facilities Planning & Management, University Drive and Hayes Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920
- Greater Peoria Contractors & Suppliers Association, Inc., 1811 West Altorfer Drive, Peoria, IL 61615
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 1468 Green Mount Road, P.O. Box 1390, O'Fallon, IL 62269-8390
Drawings and specifications for this project may be obtained from:
KAM Solutions P.C.
2417 Marshall Avenue
P.O. Box 1756
Phone: (217) 235-0298
A refundable plan deposit in the amount of $50.00 per set, made payable to KAM Solutions, P.C. is required. Certified, cashier's or company check are acceptable. Refunds will not be made unless the bidding documents are returned in full and in good condition with thirty (30) days of the receipt of bids. Bidding documents will be transmitted by common carrier using normal delivery times. Additional shipping and handling charges will be paid by a person/organization requesting expedited delivery.
For additional information, contact:
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.