Contractor: Christy-Foltz, Inc., Decatur, ILNumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Tuesday, June 10, 2008:
Procurement, Disbursements & Contract Services
1135 Old Main
600 Lincoln Avenue
This project consists of a two story addition to the south end of the existing Ninth Street Hall. A new three story stair tower and elevator shaft shall be installed at this time by the general contractor with the remainder of the addition to be constructed by the owner. The general contractor shall install the stair tower and elevator shaft, stair and the complete addition foundations and steel structures. The existing south building stair shall be removed completely under this contract. Renovations to these areas at all floors shall be included.
The general contractor shall include the following areas of the Student Success Center Addition:
- A second floor level containing approximately 5158 s.f. and including the new stair, elevator shaft, slab on grade floor, foundations and structural steel.
- A first floor level containing approximately 313 s.f. including stairs and elevator.
- A third floor level containing approximately 770 s.f. including stairs and elevator shaft.
The general contract construction shall consist of poured concrete foundations, footings and piers. Poured concrete slab on grade floors with elevated slabs consisting of 20 ga. metal decking on steel joists and steel beams with columns. Structural steel for roof areas consisting of metal roof decking and a roof frame system of steel beams with columns. Exterior walls at the stair shaft shall be included and constructed of metals studs with batt insulation, drywall interior, dens shield exterior and interior sheathing. Elevator shaft walls of concrete unit masonry with installed floor angles and opening lintels. Interior partitions shall consist of metals studs, sound insulation and painted drywall surfaces. Interior finishes supplied by the contractor shall include acoustical tile ceilings with metal grids, interior wood doors, door frames and hardware. All flooring and all painting and staining of interior wood, drywall and metal surfaces shall be completed by the Owner. All exterior demolition, storm drainage piping, sump pits and casting shall be by the general contractor.
All exterior storm piping shall be under this contract. The electrical system, sanitary and supply plumbing and HVAC system shall be by the owner.
Drawings and specifications on file for reference at the following locations:
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge/AGC, 1620 S. 5th Street, Springfield, IL 62703-3171;
- Illowa Plan Room, 520 24th St., Rock Island, IL 61201-8928;
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 1468 Green Mount Road, O Fallon, IL, 62269;
- Southern Illinois Builders Association, 504 W. Jackson, Marion, IL 62959-0803;
- Greater Peoria Contractors, 1811 W. Altorfer Dr., Peoria, IL 61615;
- Reed Construction Data, 30 Technology Parkway St., Suite 500, Norcross, GA, 30092;
- Facilities Planning and Management Building, Eastern Illinois University; and
- Hance, Utz & Associates, PC, Architects, 1013 S. 19th Street, Mattoon, Illinois.
Drawings and specifications for this project may be obtained from Hance, Utz & Associates, PC, Architects, 1013 S. 19th Street, Mattoon, Illinois, 61938, by depositing $100.00 for each set up to 2 sets. Actual bidders will be refunded their deposit for the first two sets. Non-bidders will be refunded $25.00 per set for the first 2 sets. Subcontractors (contractors not bidding direct to owner) and Material Supplies will be charged $75 (NON-REFUNDABLE) for each set or actual printing costs for portions of sets.
Plans are scheduled to be available May 20+, 2008.
There will be a pre-bid conference on June 3, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in the Telefund Room No. 1012, Ninth Street Hall. Use south building entrance.
For additional information, contact:
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.