Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid: A Studio Light-Dimming System Upgrade
Contractor: Excel Electric of Frankfort, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
Low bidder meeting all specifications is recommended for award.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Thursday February 9, 2006
Governors State University wishes to upgrade the light dimming systems in two adjacent television studios on campus. The work primarily consists of: removing the existing dimming equipment including dimmer racks and patch panels, installation of new dimmer racks providing a minimum of 216 circuits divided equally between the two studios, providing necessary wiring and conduit for power and control circuits, provision of dimmers, terminal and control equipment as specified, commissioning and performance testing of the upgraded system to meet manufacturers specifications.
Studio Electrical Upgrade
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday, February 28, 2006:
One University Parkway
This bid may be awarded in total or by section:
- Dimmer racks, terminal and control equipment
- Installation including conduit, cable, and other items required for installation and performance testing
- Combination of both of the above sections.
Specifications will only be available at the mandatory pre-bidders meeting. Vendors must register in advance of this meeting by calling Lisa at 708-534-4056.
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.