Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid: Gymnasium Floor Replacment
Contractor: Chicago Heights Construction, Chicago Heights, ILNumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Amount: An amount not to exceed $154,500
Terms: One-time transaction
This award requires approval of the University Board of Trustees.
MAFBE Goal was 10%: Successful bidder: Chicago Heights Construction (0%); MAFBE Goal: Unsuccessful bidders: CMM Group Inc. $183,000 (0%).
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now Lee Saulter.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Friday, October 11, 2013
This project includes the removal of an existing rubber gym floor and the replacement with a wood, gym floor as specified.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Friday, November 1, 2013:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL
A mandatory pre-bid meeting has been scheduled as follows: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 1:00PM.
Vendors should call to register in advance by contacting Sue at 708-235-7445.
There is a 10% MBE/WBE/PBE goal on this project for BEP certified firms.
GSU requires CDB prequalified firms for this project.
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
FAX: (708) 235-3970
State Purchasing Officer - Lee Saulter
All responses must include:
- Submit 4 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
- There is a BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.