Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid: D Dock Roadway Renovations
M & J Underground Inc.Monee, IL
- Amount: $614,547.81
- BEP [89.7% / $551,249.40]
- Terms: One-time transaction
- Cardinal State LLC (subcontractor)
BEP [1% / $8,130.45]
- Century Asphalt & Construction (subcontractor)
- Lopez Transport Inc (subcontractor)
BEP [2% / $15,000]
- Lopez Industries Inc. (subcontractor)
VBP [2% / $12,300]
- C & G Construction Supply Company (subcontractor)
BEP [6% / $37,256.53]
Unsuccessful respondents (3)
- ACCEL Construction Services Group LLCChicago, IL
BEP [39.46% / $482,545]
- Sullwood Inc. (subcontractor)
VBP [3% / $36,700]
- Burke Plumbing (subcontractor)
- 2- Excavating (subcontractor)
- Scurto Cement Construction (subcontractor)
- McGill Construction LLCFrankfort, IL
- Sonoma Underground Services Inc. (subcontractor)
BEP [31% / $289,111]
- Airys Infrastructure inc. (subcontractor)
VBP [21% / $201,422]
- Chicago Heights Construction CompanyChicago Heights, IL
1 successful respondent
3 unsuccessful respondents
2 BEP contractors
0 VBP contractors
0 Small businesses
Buyer for this procurement: Tracy Sullivan, (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
Chief procurement officer for this procurement: John Donato
State purchasing officer for this procurement: Nicole Krneta Rogers
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Amendment #8 includes questions and answers as of 4/05/22. The deadline for submittal of questions has passed. All questions have been answered.
Amendment #7 includes questions, answers, drawings, specifications and a REVISED
unit cost spreadsheet. Note: The revised spreadsheet is a required form with your sealed bid.
Amendment #6 includes a question and historical civil drawings for your reference.
Amendment #5 contains subsequent questions and answers, including a request for additional specifications.
Amendment #4 includes questions and answers.
Amendment #3 includes the minutes, sign-in sheet and presentation from the mandatory Prebid meeting.
Amendment #1 has been modified to reflect the correct issuance date of 3/29/22, thus the file name had to be changed to D2202TMSAmendment2 (Amendment #2). These two amendments are the response to a question received on March 24, 2022.
This attachment includes the announcement for this bid.
First published Monday, March 21, 2022
The project entails the removal/reconstruction of the entrance road & truck dock pavement area (from asphalt pavement to concrete pavement) removal/replacement of sidewalk, curb & gutter addition of structures and upsizing of the existing storm sewer relocation of an existing trash compactor repair to cement at the edge of the loading dock & construction of a concrete ramp. In addition, the project includes undercutting the existing entrance road to provide an overland flow route from the truck dock to University Drive.
Sealed bids will be accepted below until 2:00 PM, Thursday, April 14, 2022:
At the following address
One University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484-0000
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting has been scheduled for 10:00AM CST on March 29, 2022. Potential visitors are to report to the GSU Procurement Office (C1329) 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Late arrivals will not be allowed to bid the project.
For instructions on how to obtain a comprehensive purchase description, disclosure or contract forms, contact:
One University Parkway
University Park, il 60484
Phone: (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
FAX: (708) 235-3970
Chief Procurement Officer - John Donato
State Purchasing Officer - Nicole Krneta Rogers
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
- There is a 30 percent BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- There is a 2 percent Veteran-owned business goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- The contract(s) for this solicitation could exceed $50,000 annually.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.