Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid:
Toilet Room Plumbing (Phase Two)
Contractor: Beaver Plumbing Services Inc, of Peotone, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
Low bidder is recommended.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday June 16, 2006
Governors State University is soliciting bids to replace washroom plumbing fixtures such as, toilets, lavatories, etc. This bid is for PHASE TWO, plumbing only. Phase two has 8 washrooms. The contractor will be responsible for the removal of the existing fixtures and the purchase and installation of the new fixtures.
All work shall be completed in strict conformance with local, state, federal codes and regulations (most recent releases) including but not limited to ADA and Illinois Department of Public Health and in full compliance with manufacturer's written recommendations.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Monday July 3, 2006:
One University Parkway
A set of the full specifications will be given only at the pre-bidder's meeting and tour scheduled on Thursday, June 15, 2006. Vendors must register in advance by calling Lisa at 708-534-4056.
General scope of work includes but not limited to::
- Remove all existing plumbing fixtures and associated work and provide temporary seals
- Provide new shut-off valves prior to installation of new flooring; coordinate with GSU
- Provide and install new fixtures, faucets, piping, accessories, fasteners, traps, floor drain covers and all associated items and work to complete a turn key project
- Sequence work as required in coordination with GSU schedule
Please note that the coordination of the proposed schedule is integral to the selection and award process, as this is a multi-trade renovation project for the toilet rooms. Coordination with the University is of the utmost importance.
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (708) 534-4990
FAX: (708) 235-3970
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.