Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid: A, D, E, & F-Wing Elevator Renovation
Contractor: Cosgrove Construction, Joliet, ILNumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Friday, April 18, 2008
This bid award will hire a general contractor. The project involves the complete modernization of four hydraulic elevators as specified.
Work will be performed in two construction phases. Final completion for both phases is to be no later than July 31, 2009.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Thursday, May 15, 2008:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL
Upgrades to four additional elevators are also included.
The work includes, but not limited to:
- in-ground cylinder replacement;
- elevator modernization includes removal of existing elevator equipment from mechanical rooms and installation of new equipment in new machine rooms;
- installation of new exhaust fans in each new machine room and routing the exhaust ducts to the outside;
- installation of sump pumps in elevator pits and routing the pump discharge to the nearest open drain; and
- providing sprinkler coverage to the elevator shaft and new machine rooms.
The complete specifications will be available for download by close of business on April 23, 2008.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting has been scheduled for April 30, 2008. Bidders must call to register in advance of the meeting. To register, call Lisa at 708-534-4056.
All responses must include:
- Submit 4 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.