Governors State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): architectural & planning services
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Cannon Design Inc., Chicago, IL
Amount: An amount not to exceed $125,000
An estimated start date of 12/18/2015 through 6/30/2016
This initial contract/award is limited to the planning phase for a potential project including the feasibility study and conceptual design. Additional awards (phases) may be authorized, as recommended by the University's Board of Trustees.
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now Pamela Amoako.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Governors State University is seeking professional architectural and planning services to undertake a programming and feasibility study, develop schematic design options, a proposed financing model and financing options for Phase 2 of on-campus student housing which will also include a dining facility. At the University?s sole option, additional services may include design development when the University decides to proceed with the multi-phased project.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Thursday November 12, 2015:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
GSU will only consider firms which have completed at least three projects of comparable scope and complexity. In addition, submittals must include proof of their firm's applicable CDB prequalification.
Minimum submittal requirements include:
- 1 page summary of why your firm should be considered for this particular project;
- CDB Standard Form 255 must be completed
- Minimum of 3 relevant references
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including project budget estimates and actual construction costs
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
FAX: (708) 235-3970
State Purchasing Officer - Pamela Amoako
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 3 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.