Governors State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Roadway & Related Design Engineering Services
Consultant: Terra Engineering Ltd., Chicago, ILNumber of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Amount: An estimated $0
Terms: One-time transaction
A recommendation has been made & approved by the Governors State University Board of Trustees and the State of Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB) for the selection of the professional services consultant. See CDB's web site for award information regarding GSU's project number 816-010-038.
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now Lee Saulter.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Thursday, April 18, 2013
This is a project specific solicitation for civil engineering services related to a CDB funded project. The awarded firm will work with University & Capital Development Board (CDB) staff to design and create bid documents for a parking & roadway improvements project(s) on the campus of GSU, as funded by CDB.
The project scope includes (but is not limited to) improving and replacing campus roads, curbs, sewers and sidewalks, repairing an alumni path and installing site lighting & regulatory signage as needed. The scope of work is for the civil engineering firm to design & create bid documents.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Friday May 3, 2013:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL
The follow documents are required with your submittal:
- Letter of interest identifying recent, similar design projects;
- Illinois Capital Development Board form 255;
- Disclosure & Conflict of Interest forms (attached);
- Copy of CDB Prequalification letter for your firm;
- Proof of authority to do business in Illinois (sample attached); and
- a copy of the State Board of Elections certificate for your firm.
There is no BEP MBE/FBE goal/requirement for this civil engineering firm award. GSU highly encourages the use of BEP certified firms as vendors and subcontractors.
State Purchasing Officer - Lee Saulter
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 6 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.