Governors State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Project Specific Civil Engineering Services
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: JJR, LLC, Chicago, IL
Amount: An amount not to exceed $99,000
An estimated start date of 2/3/2010 through 6/30/2013
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Thursday, August 6, 2009
GSU is seeking civil engineering services related to the rehabilitation of one of the settling ponds to improve its storm water management program. This man-made settling pond, approximately a quarter of an acre, discharges into a nearby detention pond which discharges into Thorn Creek. While the detention pond has maintained itself as a healthy aquatic ecosystem, the settling pond, now over 35 years old, appears to have passed its useful life.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Wednesday August 26, 2009:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL
All firms must provide a Capital Development Board (CDB) 255 Form listing only relevant experience. Only firms with direct involvement and experience with similar projects will be considered. GSU prefers CDB prequalified firms for all projects.
MINIMUM Requirements include but are not limited to:
- design team with a wetland specialist experienced in jurisdictional determination
- experience with U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and local, state, regional or federal permitting processes
- knowledge/experience with Best Management Practices for storm water management
- knowledge/experience with native vegetation
- experience with higher education applications and integration of sustainability with education
- similar scope prior work experience as defined in the attachment
- licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois
- registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
Vendors are to submit seven (7) copies of documents requested, in the format defined in the attachment.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.