Governors State University
Invitation for Construction Bid: Central Receiving Truck Dock Drainage Improvements
M & J Underground Inc.Monee, IL
- Amount: $175,472
- BEP [71% / $125,255]
- Small business [71% / $125,255]
- Terms: One-time transaction
- Cardinal State, LLC (subcontractor)
BEP [12% / $20,917]
- Lopez Transport Inc. (subcontractor)
BEP [6% / $10,790]
- Lopez Industries Inc. (subcontractor)
VBP [2% / $3,510]
Unsuccessful respondents (3)
1 successful respondent
3 unsuccessful respondents
2 BEP contractors
0 VBP contractors
1 Small businesses
Buyer for this procurement: Tracy Sullivan, (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
Chief procurement officer for this procurement: John Donato
State purchasing officer for this procurement: Nicole Krneta Rogers
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Amendment #4 states that the deadline for submittal of questions has passed. All questions have been answered.
Amendment #3 includes two questions that were asked today.
Amendment #2 includes the minutes and presentations from the mandatory prebid meeting.
Amendment #1 includes a change regarding an Illinois Department of Labor (IDOL) requirement that is no longer applicable to this project.
This attachment is the bid announcement issued.
First published Friday, March 11, 2022
This project will remove landscape, asphalt, concrete and drainage piping as specified. This area surrounding the existing truck dock will have berms, concrete work and other improvements as per the drawings. The goal of this project is to limit water drainage in the direction of the the building.
Sealed bids will be accepted below until 2:00 PM, Tuesday, April 5, 2022:
At the following address
One University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting has been scheduled for 10:00AM CST on March 22, 2022. Potential visitors are to report to the Procurement Office 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Those who arrive after the meeting has started, will not be able to bid the project.
For instructions on how to obtain a comprehensive purchase description, disclosure or contract forms, contact:
One University Parkway
University Park, il 60484
Phone: (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
FAX: (708) 235-3970
Chief Procurement Officer - John Donato
State Purchasing Officer - Nicole Krneta Rogers
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
- There is a 30 percent BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- There is a 2 percent Veteran-owned business goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- The contract(s) for this solicitation could exceed $50,000 annually.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.