Illinois State University is seeking professional architectural, interior design and engineering services from firms who have experience in higher education student center renovations. Description continues below...
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted below until 3:00 PM, Thursday May 17, 2018:
The Bone Student Center is currently undergoing a $32,900,000 revitalization project. This revitalization project includes additions to the east and west ends of the concourse at both levels and renovations that encompass new food venues accessed from the concourse on both levels, a new bookstore location accessed from the concourse on the first level, and two new office complexes accessed from the concourse on the second level.
The University now desires to complete the concourse to provide a more holistic completed project. The scope of this project involves upgrades to the first and second floor concourses to provide a more seamless finished product.
This consultant shall be responsible for design and refinement of:
- Removal of the current information desk.
- Upgrades to floors, ceilings (including removal of decorative light fixtures) and wall finishes to be in alignment with and be complimentary to new work currently under construction.
- Upgrade lighting for aesthetic and energy improvements.
- Present recommendations for appropriate space for functions along the concourse (Box Office, Lobby Shop, Tech Zone, etc.) for both existing and future uses. Coordinate with other planned improvements (restroom upgrades) in the concourse.
- Incorporation of appropriate technology for security cameras, meeting room digital signage, digital kiosks, and other a/v devices.
- It is planned that the existing HVAC distribution system will remain as is. This system is currently two zones per floor with ?top of sidewall? discharge along the south wall. It will be necessary to make sure, via mechanical engineering evaluation, that any new ceiling configurations do not disrupt or negatively impact air flow or distribution in the spaces.
- A replacement/modernization plan for the country flags currently suspended from the first floor ceiling. It will be incumbent on the designer to design a modern replacement ?design element? that achieves the same intent of Illinois State University?s support of diversity from world countries. This new design element should be flexible enough to accept new country representation.
- A replacement/modernization plan for the current ?dated? alumni hall of fame images. This new design element should be flexible enough to accept future additional images.
- A new concourse interior signage ?master plan? to include wayfinding, donor recognition, room signage, and significant space signage (ie, Old Main, Circus, etc.).
- Upgrades to floors, ceilings, and wall finishes for the east and west Braden Auditorium lobbies on the first and second floors, including lighting and HVAC. This design scope will comprise a distinct and separate scope to meet the University?s budgeting and accounting requirements.
Architecture, Interior Design and Engineering firms interested in submitting their qualifications should have demonstrated knowledge experience, and expertise with facilities of this typology. The designers and any required sub-consultants will be responsible for developing a comprehensive construction budget and schedule for this project. It is planned for work to begin in the spring/summer of 2019 to coincide with the completion of the revitalization project in the spring of 2020. The construction should be sequenced as to allow the building and its operations to remain open.
As a project funded by the University, the following are required:
- Complete A/E 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) during the entire design process
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is a BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).