Illinois State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Engineering Facility Evaluation and Master Plan
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Cannon Design, Chicago, IL
Amount: An estimated $825,000
An estimated start date of 3/11/2020 through 12/31/2020
No funds appropriated by the General Assembly will be used for this project.
- the total number of vendors who responded; see attached BEP_Report
- the number of unsuccessful vendors who responded; see attached BEP_Report
- the name of each bidder or offeror who submitted a response; see attached BEP_Report
- the bid amount of each bid or offer; see attached BEP_Report
- for each vendor who submitted a response, including the awarded vendor:
- the name or names of the certified Business Enterprise Program (BEP) firms identified in the vendors submitted utilization plan; see attached BEP_Report
- the amount and percentage of business proposed to be conducted by businesses owned by BEP vendors as reflected in each utilization plan; see attached BEP_Report
- the name or names of the certified Veteran Business Program (VBP) firms identified in the vendors submitted utilization plan; see attached BEP_Report
- the amount and percentage of business proposed to be conducted by businesses owned by VBP vendors as reflected in each utilization plan; see attached BEP_Report
- the total number of VBP vendors that submitted responses; see attached BEP_Report
- the information recorded at the solicitation opening, including the bid amount (i.e. the bid tab); see attached Bid_Tab
The buyer for this procurement is now Robyn Schuline, (309) 438-0260.
The Chief Procurement Officer for this procurement is now Ben Bagby.
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now Constance Ratliff.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Monday, June 17, 2019
Illinois State University is seeking statements of qualifications from qualified University planners, architects and/or engineers to perform master planning and space program work for a new Engineering facility at Illinois State University.
Illinois State University, Illinois' first public university, is expanding its curriculum to address workforce needs in Illinois, the Midwest, and beyond to include bachelor's degree programs in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. The two new majors will build upon a strong foundation of existing programs in engineering technology, construction management, information technology and physics.
Current space limitations at the University require new construction to provide the lecture, lab, research, and collaborative learning spaces for the engineering programs. Thus, the University is investigating the building of a new engineering facility to house electrical and mechanical engineering degree programs as well as companion programs in engineering technology (Engineering Technology, Technology and Engineering Education, Sustainable and Renewable Energy, and Computer Systems Technology) and Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, and Network and Telecommunications Management).
The award for this QBS may consist of multiple phases.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted below until 2:00 PM, Tuesday July 2, 2019:
At the following address:
Illinois State University at Uptown Crossing
1220 Campus Box
100 South Fell Avenue, Suite D
Normal, IL 61790
A voluntary pre-submission conference call will be held on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. CST
You may attend via telephone by calling into either (888) 822-7517 (USA Toll-Free) or (713) 353-0212 (USA Caller Paid/International Toll).
Use access code 5604312 to join the teleconference.
A list of potential BEP Certified contractors has been posted as file:
*This list represents Illinois State University's earnest effort to identify commodity codes that may be involved with this solicitation, and provide contact information for BEP Certified vendors that self-identify as providing those commodity codes. It is attached here for the convenience of interested vendors, not as an official or comprehensive list of BEP Certified vendors that are capable of meeting the solicitation requirements. For current and official BEP resources go to: https://cms.diversitycompliance.com
Subcontractors must meet the same requirements as prime contractors to do business with Illinois State University.
For instructions on how to obtain a comprehensive purchase description, disclosure or contract forms, contact:
State Purchasing Officer - Constance Ratliff
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.