Illinois State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Turner Culinary Laboratory
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Ratio Architects, Champaign, IL
Amount: An estimated $96,000
Section/Division: Design (Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents: 13)
An estimated start date of 5/15/2014 through 12/31/2015
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Addendum #1 has posted. See attached file:
First published Monday, November 4, 2013
The scope of the design work includes, but may not be limited to:
1. Engage an A/E firm to design a culinary laboratory in Turner Hall on the ISU campus which includes spaces for instruction, for classroom learning, and for food preparation
2. Ensure that design of culinary laboratory meets the current needs of the Family and Consumer Sciences Department programs.
3. Prepare plans and specifications for the required food service equipment installation.
4. The University will be responsible for asbestos removal, if necessary, in the affected areas once the full scope of the improvements have been determined. The firm engaged for the project will be responsible for the design of all replacement materials necessary as a result of the asbestos removal.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Wednesday November 20, 2013:
Illinois State University at Uptown Crossing
1220 Campus Box
100 South Fell Avenue, Suite D
Normal, IL 61790
For additional information, contact:
State Purchasing Officer - Tom Sestak
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 2 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.