The Board of Trustees of Illinois State University hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the Old Union Hall Computer Science/Web Support Services Remodeling project.
The Board of Trustees of Illinois State University will receive sealed bids for Old Union Hall Computer Science/Web Support Services Remodeling until 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at ISU Purchasing Office, at which place and time the bids will be publicly opened and read.
Sealed envelopes containing the bids in duplicate will be marked Old Union Hall, Computer Science/Web Support Services Remodeling. Bids shall be submitted to Illinois State University, 1220 Purchasing Office, 117 Hovey Hall, Normal IL 61790-1220.
Bidders should be pre-qualified in accordance with the instructions to bidders issued by the Board of Trustees. Bids shall include the following:
1. Bid security in the form of a bid bond, certified check, cashiers check, or bank money order, payable to the Board of Trustees of Illinois State University, in the amount of:
General - 5% of bid
Heating - 5% of bid
Ventilating - 5% of bid
Electrical/Technology - 5% of bid
Plumbing - 5% of bid
2. A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the instructions to bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bond.
3. One completed copy of the Illinois Department of Human Rights Form PC-2, entitled Bidders Employee Utilization Form Construction.
4. Vendor Disclosure of Financial Interests
Bids may not be withdrawn after the opening of bids.
If you will need an accommodation based on a disability, please contact Disability Concerns, 309 438-5853 or TT/TTD 309 438-8620. Information regarding your disability is confidential and handled according to applicable laws.
Bidding documents may be obtained at: City Blue Technologies, Inc., 325 W Romeo & Garrett Ave, Peoria IL 61605, Ph: 309 676-6633.
Bidding documents are available for inspection at:
1. ISU Purchasing Office.
2. Phillips Swager Associates, Inc., 401 Southwest Water St, Suite 701, Peoria IL 61603
3. F. W. Dodge Corp., 421 S Grand Ave W#1B-E, Springfield IL 62704-3769
4. Greater Peoria Contractors and Suppliers Assoc., 1811 W Altorfer Dr, Peoria IL 61615
Scope of Project: Interior remodeling including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and technology work.
Completion Date: July 16, 2004
Bids will be received up to the hour of 11:00 AM local time, on Tuesday, December 16, 2003. Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
There will be a mandatory pre-bid meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 3, 2003 at the Facilities Planning conference room, Illinois State University, Normal IL. If you are planning to submit a prime bid for this project, you must attend this meeting and your companys name must appear on the official attendance log. This log will be used in the bid process, and if your companys name does not appear on the log, your bid will not be opened.
(Submitted by Stephen M. Bragg, State Purchasing Officer.)