Northeastern Illinois University
Invitation for Construction Bid: BBH102 Lecture Hall Renovation
The university did not receive a responsive bid from a general contractor.
Addendum 2 is issued to provide further revisions to the bid document and drawings.
Addendum 1 is issued to provide clarifications and revisions to the bid document and drawings. A revised bid form has also been provided. All addenda must be acknowledged on the bid form or the bid may be considered non-responsive.
First published Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Northeastern Illinois University is accepting bids from qualified contractors to furnish and install all necessary labor, material, and equipment required to complete the project known as the BBH Lecture Hall Renovation, Project No. 11-0102-0213, Room BBH 102 in the Bernard J. Brommel Hall, located at 5500 N. St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL., which includes new architectural finishes, new lighting and lighting controls, HVAC improvements, audio/visual upgrades and new equipment and furnishings.
Separate Prime Contracts will be awarded for:
1. General Construction â the Prime General Construction Contract includes the responsibility of coordinating contractor for the Prime Contracts listed below.
A MANDATORY pre-bid meeting will be held on May 8, 2013 @ 10:00 AM, in Bernard Brommel Hall Room BBH 102, located on the university main campus.
Bid Security: 5% of the base bid amount for each division of work
Northeastern Illinois University strongly supports the participation of businesses owned by Minorities, Females and Persons with Disabilities (MAFBE) and has established a goal that 20% of the resultant contracts be awarded to Business Enterprise Program (BEP)/MAFBE owned businesses. The University desires participation either on a direct basis or through sub-contracting efforts. Bidders must submit a Business Enterprise program (BEP) Utilization Plan in accordance with Section 004115 of the bid document.
Technical questions may be directed to:
Hemant Shah, Project Manager
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 10:00 AM, Monday, May 20, 2013:
Building C, 4th Floor
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (773) 442-5308
FAX: (773) 442-5314
State Purchasing Officer - Lee Saulter
All responses must include:
- Submit 3 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
- There is a BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.