Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Invitation for Bid: Hot Press Furnace
Vendor: Materials Research Furnaces, Inc., Suncook, NH
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Bidders:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday, February 24, 2006
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Monday, March 13, 2006:
108 Miles Hall 2nd Floor, MC-6813
1255 Douglas Drive
The University is seeking bids for one each front loading graphite 50-ton hot press furnace to meet the following specifications:
- Working hot zone size: 8 inch diameter by 8 inch diameter
- Pressure requirement: 50 ton minimum
- Dual Hot zones: a). Graphite capable of 2400 centigrade as batch type furnace and 200 centigrade as hot press, and, b). Tungsten hot zone capable of 1900 centigrade.
- Atmosphere: a). Vacuum to 10-2 Torr range, and b). Process gas to 2 atmospheres of Argon
- Voltage: 208 3-phase with power supply certified to give operating temperature required
- Cooling system to supply adequate cooling to the system specified
- Temperature control with PC interface for monitoring and controlling temperature
An award will be made to the lowest bidder meeting specifications and conditions.
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (618) 453-5751
FAX: (618) 453-6714
The University reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses or parts thereof.
Vendor may expect payment thirty to sixty days after receipt of invoice, unless otherwise stated in the bid documents.
Illinois Department of Human Rights
(IDHR) eligibility number is required on all proposals.
This procurement will be contingent on Board of Trustees approval.
Solicitation documents may be obtained by contacting the Purchasing Office.