Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Construction Management Services.
In accordance with Section 526.2040 of the Higher Education Procurement Rules, this solicitation has been canceled and will be rebid under #SQBS10.
Thursday October 4, 2007
This project involves construction management services for constructing a new football stadium, and renovating and expanding the SIU Arena.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday October 19, 2007:
108 Miles Hall 2nd Floor, MC-6813
1255 Douglas Drive
The University intends to construct a new 12,000-15,000 seat stadium with lower and upper level seating to be arranged symmetrically along sidelines. Restrooms, game day locker rooms, concessions, and other amenities will be distributed throughout the stadium.
The Arena renovation project is to include new seating throughout the lower seating areas, improved accessibility, a new scoreboard, and improvement to the exterior. The expansion will include expanded team facilities, increased concessions, restrooms, and fan amenities. The addition will include home and visitor locker rooms, training rooms, equipment rooms, coaches' locker rooms, team meeting rooms, football offices, media room, and a lobby area.
The Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University requests letters of interest from Construction Managers to provide construction management services for the construction of a new stadium and expansion of the existing Arena.
The Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University requests letters of interest from Construction Managers to provide construction management services for the construction of a new stadium and expansion of the existing Arena:
- Review all plans and specifications
- Make recommendations on constructability
- Make recommendations on project costs
- Make recommendations on the division of work to facilitate the bidding of contracts
- Preparation of proposed construction schedule
The services provided in the construction phase of the projects shall include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain competent supervisory staff to coordinate and provide general direction of the work and progress of contractors
- Maintain job site records and prepare appropriate progress reports
- Review and process all contractors/material suppliers' payment applications
- Make recommendations and process changes in the work and maintain change order records
- Schedule and conduct job meetings to ensure orderly progress of work
- Develop and monitor a project progress schedule
- Coordinate and expedite the work of all contractors
- Provide monthly status reports to owner
- Establish and maintain a cost control system
The following project related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for solution:
- Appropriate staffing and availability to personnel
- Prior experience with similar projects
- Ability to meet time requirements
- Current workload of company
For additional information, contact:
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).