Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Request for Proposal: Calculation and Negotiation of Fringe Benefit Rate
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Vendor: Huron Consulting Services LLC, Chicago, IL
An estimated start date of 12/1/2013 through 2/28/2014
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Sealed proposals will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Monday October 14, 2013:
113 Wakeland Hall, MC-6813
1215 Douglas Drive
Southern Illinois University Carbondale is seeking proposals from qualified firms for consulting services to:
1) prepare a development and negotiation strategy for calculation and negotiation of a fringe benefit rate with the federal government, including review of the existing rate calculation;
2) develop and prepare the Universityâs federal fringe benefit rate proposal;
3) identify weaknesses in the proposal caused by accounting practices of SIU Carbondale and the State of Illinois;
4) negotiate the fringe benefit rate with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS);
5) complete the negotiations before December 31, 2013; and
6) defend the proposal, as necessary.
When downloading the Request for Proposal, please also download the W-9.
For additional information, contact:
State Purchasing Officer - Steve Todt
Submit 5 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
The University reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses or parts thereof.
Illinois Department of Human Rights
(IDHR) eligibility number is required on all proposals, if applicable.
There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.