Contractor: Allrise Elevator Company, St. Charles, MONumber of unsuccessful, responsive bidders:
Amount: An estimated $79,819
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Addendum #1 addresses questions submitted. The question deadline has passed and no further questions will be accepted or addressed. The bid date and time has not been extended.
First published Tuesday, March 31, 2020
The Board of Trustees of the Southern Illinois University governing Southern Illinois University Edwardsville hereby requests sealed bids to furnish all labor, equipment, tools and materials to renovate and bring up to code the Peck Hall West Elevator on the Edwardsville campus of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Bids will be received from Qualified Elevator Contractors.
Sealed bids will be accepted below until 2:00 PM, Wednesday, April 15, 2020:
At the following address
Campus Box 1012
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1012
A mandatory pre-bid conference, for all those interested in bidding the project, will be held on April 2, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. prevailing time at Peck Hall. Vendors will be allowed to park along Hairpin Drive. Representatives of the University will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are required to attend. Due to the distancing directive SIUE is requesting that vendors only send one representative to the meeting and site visit. All representatives must be in attendance by 10:10 and must stay for the entire meeting and site visit. All contractors are required to sign in and sign out after site visit. If contractor is late or leaves before the completion of the meeting and/or site visit, the contractor will not be considered attending the pre-bid conference. This will be the only site visit. Subcontractors and suppliers that need to view the site are encouraged to attend.
All questions must be e-mailed to Teresa Shipton, email@example.com by April 7, 2020, 12:00 p.m. prevailing time. Questions submitted after this date may not receive a response. Answers to all questions will be addressed in the form of an addendum and will be posted on the Illinois Higher Education Procurement Bulletin website, www.procure.stateuniv.state.il.us. Questions should not be addressed to any other SIUE or K. H. Lemp representative. If contact of any kind occurs with any other representative, this will be grounds for disqualification.
All resulting contracts issued against this bid will have required terms to provide full compliance with Illinois Public Act 96-0795. These terms will apply to the awarded contractor and their subcontractors and include but are not limited to disclosure of financial interests, annual certifications and filing of subcontracts.
The Contractor shall have, as a minimum, the following qualifications and documentation verifying these qualifications shall be submitted prior to award:
1. Minimum of five (5) years successful experience in installing and servicing similar elevator installations.
2. Installed at least ten (10) completed and accepted elevator systems of similar size, scope, logic control, and motion control required by this contract.
3. An existing in house administrative and technical organization staffed with competent personnel who are experienced in the elevator related work required to install and service the elevator systems as specified. The Contractor shall have a local, full functioning office with sales, management and operations functions located therein. This office shall be located within 30 miles of the SIUE campus.
In addition to the qualifications, all bidders may qualify to submit bids to state universities of Illinois only if they are a legal entity authorized to do business in Illinois prior to submitting the bid. All first-tier subcontractors also meet this requirement. This applies to both in-state and out-of-state firms. Failure to provide the Certificate of Good Standing (or other qualifications as noted in the form included with this document) with your bid will result in your bid being considered as non-responsive.
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority which are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay current prevailing wage rates as posted on the Illinois Department of Labor's website and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
The University reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
For instructions on how to obtain a comprehensive purchase description, disclosure or contract forms, contact:
99 Supporting Services Road
Campus Box 1012
Edwardsville, IL 62026
Chief Procurement Officer - Ben Bagby
State Purchasing Officer - Steve Todt
All responses must include:
- Sealed envelopes containing the bids have the bid number and project title on the envelope.
- Bid security (see complete bid for details).
- A letter from a surety company in substantially the form set forth in the Instructions to Bidders assuring the issuance of the performance and payment bonds.
- There is a 20 percent BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- There is a 3 percent Veteran-owned business goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.