Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Engineering/Consulting for Ethanol Process Systems
The Quality Based Selection Committee at SIUE determined that none of the three responders could provide the required services.
The statement, "Firms must be a licensed ethanol consultant in the State of Illinois" has been removed from the bid document.
Thursday September 21, 2006
The Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University governing Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, hereby requests letters of interest and a statement of qualifications from Engineering firms interested in providing services for the following SIUE project:
Provide ethanol consulting services for specifications and bid documents for various ethanol processing systems at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville during fiscal year 2007 (November 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007) with the potential for a four-year renewal. The National Corn to Ethanol Research Center is located on the Edwardsville campus.
There should be no communication with University staff, faculty, or students other than through Rich Walker at (618) 650-2536 or email@example.com.
Fax submittals will not be accepted.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday October 6, 2006:
Attn: Rich Walker
70 Hairpin Drive, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228
Campus Box 1158
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the consulting firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Location of firm
- Prior firm experience with similar projects
- Knowledge of the ethanol industry
- Experience with process engineering and project management
- Experience in ethanol operations and business and the food or feed industry
- Prior firm experience in plant scale up
- Prior firm experience with process design and technical modifications in fermentation, alcohol distillation, evaporation systems, rotating bed driers, biomass handling systems and various associated ethanol processing systems
- Prior performance of firm and its consultants with completed projects at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and with other state agencies
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 7 copies of their qualifications.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).