Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
Sole Source #5321
Announcement of a Sole Source Purchase
Vendor: Associated Anesthesologists of Springfield, Ltd, Springfield, IL,
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Tuesday May 8, 2001
a contract for
academic and administrative services
Associated Anesthesologists of Springfield, Ltd, Springfield, IL,
The professional services of a practicing anesthesiologist assumes coordination of
acedemic and administrative responsibilities for either a two or four week clerkship
segment for fourth-year medical students. Anesthesiology is a clinical subspeciality in the field of mediciine and a core requirement course to meet the LCME requirements for graduation from an accredited medical school.
Services include the following:
- Perform various administrative duties and responsibilities as Chairman of the Department of Ansethesiology, as necesary.
- Organize and direct a balanced curriculum relating to anesthesology as a clinical
discipline for medical students and ensure availability of adequate teaching support
from the Department of Anesthesology faculty.
- Oversee the evaluation of clinical performance of medical students relating to Anesthesology.
- Provide a role model for medical students and faculty.
- Interact, as academic leader of the Department of Anesthesology, with the School of Medicine and University administrators, faculty and community physicians.
For additional information, contact: