Responses will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Thursday April 18, 2002:
Over the last two years, Campus Recreation, with assistance from outside and University consultants, conducted extensive analysis to determine students' recreational needs. On this past November 12 and 13, students voted on a referendum to support a $77M expansion and renovation of the IMPE and CRCE facilities. The referendum question proposed a $77 per semester increase in the general fee to expand recreation facilities by 190,000 square feet, reduce overcrowding, and address recreational needs. Seventy-four percent of the 5,459 total voters voted in favor of the referendum. The students supported a general fee increase that will be phased in, with the completion of each project described in the referendum as follows:
- $24 per semester in FY05 with the completion of CRCE targeted for Fall 2004. This would add 70,000 sq. ft. of new space consisting of: 10,000 sq. ft. of strength and conditioning space; 1/8 to 1/4 mile track; 3 additional basketball/volleyball courts; construction of locker rooms; 2 multi-purpose rooms; recreational pool, 3 racquetball courts; lounge area; games room; and attach CRCE facility to Freer Hall.
- An additional $27 per semester in FY06 to expand IMPE by adding 120,000 sq. ft. targeted for Fall 2005, including 30,000 sq. ft. of strength and conditioning space; 1/8 to 1/4 mile track; 4 additional basketball/volleyball courts; 1 oversized multi-activity court (soccer, club activities, in-line hockey); and climbing wall.
- Another $26 per semester in FY07 with the remaining improvements at IMPE targeted for Fall 2006. Renovate present IMPE space (220,000 sq. ft.); add 5 multi-purpose rooms; renovate all existing activity space, racquetball courts, SportWell, and locker rooms; add wet classroom; upgrade equipment/laundry room; add food service option and lounge.
Additional information is available from the following website: http://www.referendum.uiuc.edu
The expansion and renovation will be designed to ensure as little interruption as possible for Campus Recreation users. Timelines will be set up to ensure that one facility will remain open at all times; at no time will students have less space than is currently available. It is anticipated this will require the two facilities to be designed and bid as two separate, concurrent projects. Shortlisted firms will be given additional, specific information regarding the IMPE and CRCE analysis, proposed program additions, and overall project schedule at individual, pre-interview meetings with the selection team.Proposals
Firms should submit 6 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (use CDB SF 255 dated 7/1/99) by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, April 18, 2002 addressed to:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Office for Planning, Design & Construction
Illini Union Bookstore
807 S. Wright St., Suite 320
Attention: Clif Carey
Email address: email@example.com
Architect/Engineer selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Only those firms that meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
(Submitted by Katharine Kral, State Purchasing Officer.)