Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 12:00 PM, Thursday July 22, 2004:
Description of Project
This project will consist of a new Student Residence, Retail, and Office facility which will become part of the University's South Campus Mixed Use Development complex which will be located on the University's South Campus Academic Super Block 1. This site is bounded by Roosevelt Road, Halsted Street, (relocated) O'Brien Street, and Union Street. A Convocation Center project will be concurrently being developed on this site. Both projects will be required to coordinate with one another.
Professional Services Consultant Submittals
Firms should submit six copies of their qualifications tabbed as follows with the information shown:
Tab 1:Letter of Interest: The Letter of Interest should include a statement of the Firm's interest and philosophy
Tab 2: Outline of consultants and their roles
- Outline of important and significant related experience
- Staffing and organization chart
- Information regarding the staffing and licensing of all offices
- Information or description of additional resources supporting the team's qualifications
A copy of its CDB required forms (note: this is not a CDB project)
- Pre-qualification letter(s), for firm and prime consultants
- 255 form which may be modified (sections 12 & 13) to highlight details of appropriately related projects (use CDB SF 255 (latest version)): the 255 form should only include projects which are representative of the programmatic elements being considered. Also include specific relevant experience of all assigned staff. Do NOT include unrelated experience.
(Note: each Prime Sub-Consultant should submit the above information and their submittal should be included in sub-tabs of Tab 3, ie. Tab 3A, 3B, etc.)Tab 4:
Highlight five representative projects that include some or all of the programmatic element of our project. Provide the following details:
- Floor plans, site plans, elevations, or large student residential project with learning components
- Analysis of representative project construction cost, project cost, cost per square foot for project and construction cost, cost per bed for project, and construction cost for the residential projects
- Comparison of examples budget at concept, budget at construction, final budget at closeout
- Change order analysis. Indicate if possible the following categories: owner requested changes, unforeseen conditions, A/E errors, and omissions.
We are also requesting additional data on your firm and assigned staff's past project experience (not necessarily all project relevant). Tab 6:
'Contract Document Quality Assurance and Past Performance' document. The following explains what information is required and along with Exhibit A, provides a format for submitting the required information.Submittals shall be addressed to
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration (MC 106)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1140 S. Paulina Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7215
Atten: James S. Gimpel, FAIA, (email@example.com)
In order to be considered for selection, all firms, including regulated consultants, must be:
- Licensed to practice as an Architect/Engineer or Landscape Architects in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Able to provide documents in an AutoCAD format.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).