University of Illinois at Chicago
Invitation for Construction Bid:
Eye and Ear Infirmary Infrastructure
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Bidders:
Contractor: multiple contractors:
- Joseph Construction Company, Chicago ($962,961 for Division 1 - General Work)
- K&K Ironworks, Inc., McCook ($101,540 for Division II - Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Work)
- Merchants Environmental Industries, Chicago IL ($340,082 for Division III - Plumbing Work)
- Advance Mechanical Systems, Mt. Prospect, IL ($144,500 for Division IV - Medical Gas and Special Treatment Systems)
- Advance Mechanical Systems, Mt. Prospect, IL ($249,000 for Division V - Mechanical Piping Work)
- Admiral Heating and Ventilating, Hillside($446,816 for Division VI - Ventilation and Termperature Control Work)
- Great Lakes Plumbing & Heating, Chicago IL ($163,192 for Division VII - Fire Protection Work)
- Sharlen Electric Compnay, Inc., Chicago IL($375,680 for Division VIII - Electrical and Telecommunications Work)
A total of $2,783,771
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday April 24, 2002
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Friday May 10, 2002:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
207 Henry Administration Building
506 South Wright Street
The Board of Trustees of
U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs
hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the
Eye and Ear Infirmary Infrastructure and Dialysis Clinic at the Chicago Campus project.
The projects consists of the buildout of a new Outpatient Dialysis Clinic and support space, along with associated infrastructure improvements to support the Clinic and the remainder of the building.
Submit all proposals to the Board of Trustees at:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina, Room 204
Chicago, Illinois, 60612
ATTN: Thomas Skowronski
Bids will be received up to the hour of
local time, on
Friday, May 10, 2002.
Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
A pre-bid conference will be held at the Eye & Ear Infirmary, 1855 West Taylor, Chicago, in the first floor auditorium at 10:00 a.m. prevailing time on Monday, April 29, 2002. Representatives of the owner and the architect/engineer will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are urged to attend.
(Submitted by Katharine Kral, State Purchasing Officer.)