University of Illinois at Chicago
Invitation for Construction Bid:
Interior Demolition and Renovation
Thursday April 21, 2005
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday May 12, 2005:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
207 Henry Administration Building
506 South Wright Street
The Board of Trustees of
U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs
hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the
Renovate Illinois Rooms - Student Center East project at the Chicago campus project.
Work consists of complete interior demolition and remodeling. Work includes removal and replacement of air handler, associated distribution ductwork, and diffusers. Replacement of all lighting, telephone and data connections. Also included are new interior finishes, new ceilings, flooring, doors and hardware, room divider partitions, replacement stairs from the second to third floor including precast terrazzo treads.
Bid Document Sources
Bid documents have been prepared by Gensler, 30 West Monroe, Suite 400, Chicago, IL. 60603, Phone 312-456-0123, the professional services consultant. The bid documents may be obtained from them by depositing a check in the amount of $150 for each set, payable to them.
Bid Document Review Sets
For the convenience of bidders, complete sets of bid documents will be on file at:
- McGraw-Hill Dodge Construction, Opus West Building II, Suite 100, 1411 Opus Place, Downers Grove, IL 60515. 630-971-6740 Fax 630-968-2919
- Reed Construction Data, 2000 Clearwater Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
800-699-8640 Fax 800-508-5370
- Dodge/Scan; McGraw-Hill, Inc., 130 E. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601.
312-233-6500 Fax 312-233-7430
- Chicago Urban League, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL, 60653.
773-285-1500 Fax 773-285-0879
- African-American Contractors Association, 3706 South Indiana, Chicago, IL 60653. 312-915-5960 Fax 312-567-9919
- Federation of Women Contractors, 330 S. Wells, Suite 1110, Chicago, IL 60604.
312-360-1122 Fax 312-360-0239
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association, 901 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607. 312-666-5910 Fax 312-666-5692
- Coalition for United Community, 2100 S. Indiana, Suite 218, Chicago, IL. 60616.
312-225-2085 Fax 312-225-6742
- Black Contractors United, 400 West 76th Street, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60620.
773-483-4000 Fax 773-483-4150
- Association of Asian Construction Enterprises, 333 North Ogden, Chicago, IL 60607
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce, 3512 W. Fullerton Street, Chicago, IL 60647. 773-252-5211 Fax 773-252-7065
- Rainbow - Push Action Network, 930 E. 50th Street, Chicago, IL 60615
773-373-3366 Fax 773-373-3028
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce, 1455 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 240, Chicago, IL 60605
(P) 312-786-0212 (F) 312-786-9079.
- Midwest Community Council, 301 North Kedzie, Chicago, IL 60612.
(P) 773-826-2244 (F) 773-826-2299.
Each bidder shall prequalify with the owner in accordance with the General Instructions to Bidders (Document 00200). If applicable, the project-specific prequalification (Document 00250) deadline is 4:00 p.m. prevailing time on Wednesday, May 4, 2005.
All bidders shall be prequalified with the owner. New bidders that are not prequalified shall prequalify using the owner's web-based Contractor Annual Prequalification System (CAPS)- http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/
Bids for Divisions 2 through 5 Heating, Piping and Temperature Control, Ventilation, and Electrical work will be received up to the hour of 11a.m. prevailing time, on Wednesday, May 11, 2005. Bids for Division 1 General Work will be received up to the hour of 2p.m. prevailing time, on Thursday, May 12, 2005. The owner shall assign the contracts for Contract Divisions 2 thru 5 Heating, Piping and Temperature Control, Ventilation, and Electrical Work to the Contract Division 1 (General Contractor) in accordance with Article 6.2 of the General Conditions. (Refer to Articles 6.2 and 15 of the General Conditions for requirements concerning assignments of contracts.) Submit all proposals to the owner at:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o The Office for Capital Programs
1140 S. Paulina Street
Chicago, IL. 60612
Attention: Bradley W. Appiér (email@example.com)
Immediately after the closing time for receiving bids, all proposals will be publicly opened, read, and tabulated at Rm 240, 1140 S. Paulina Street, Chicago, IL. 60612. Noted errors, omissions and defects will be announced. Bids received after closing time will be returned unopened. The public opening and reading is for information only and is not construed as acceptance or rejection of any bid.
Bid Acceptance or Rejection
The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any informalities in the bidding, and to accept the bids deemed to be in the best interests of the owner after all bids have been examined and evaluated.
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority that are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay prevailing wages and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
Bids will be received up to the hour of
local time, on
Thursday, May 12, 2005.
Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
For bidding documents and further information, contact
The University of Illinois at Chicago
A pre-bid meeting will be held Rm. 323 at 750 S. Halsted Street, Chicago, Il at 11 a.m. prevailing time on Wednesday, April 27, 2005. Representatives of the owner and the professional services consultant will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are urged to attend.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)