Sealed responses will be accepted at the address below until
Friday February 4, 2005:
Bid Package 34 - Landscaping - $79,500
Construction of a new 3 story structural steel 155,110 SF East Campus Recreation Facility for the University of Illinois at Chicago. This project will ultimately involve the following components of work; site work, mechanical mezzanine, pool, curtain wall glazing, structural frame (including long span elements), metal wall panels, precast, brick masonry, climbing wall and typical athletic center interior finishes. The total construction value of this project is estimated to be worth approximately $25 million. Based on the response to this advertisement for prequalification to bid, the University may combine some bid packages as necessary to assure an adequate number of bidders for each package bid.
Bid Packages - Group G. Included CSI specification sections and estimated construction value
Bid Package 33 - Site Paving - $52,000
Bid Package 35 - Interior Finishes Contract - $2,500,000 - $3,000,000
- 02810 - Irrigation System
- 02870 - Site Furnishings
- 02930 - Landscaping
Bid Document Sources
- 011 - 205 Dumpsters
- 011 - 460 Temporary Toilets
- 03355 - Ground Concrete Finish
- 05720 - Ornamental Metals
- 06115 - Wood Blocking
- 06200 - Finish Carpentry
- 06400 - Architectural Woodwork
- 06401 - Solid Surface Fabrications
- 08110 - Steel Doors
- 08210 - Wood Doors
- 08220 - Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Doors and Frames
- 08330 - Overhead Coiling Doors
- 08336 - Overhead Coiling Counter Grille
- 08412 - Polycarbonate Railing System
- 08710 - Door Hardware
- 09310 - Ceramic Tile
- 09440 - Terrazzo
- 09510 - Acoustical Ceilings
- 09640 - Wood Flooring
- 09650 - Resilient Flooring
- 09670 - Seamless Epoxy Flooring
- 09672 - Resilient Athletic Flooring - Sheet Applied
- 09674 - Resilient Athletic Flooring - Fluid Applied
- 09680 - Carpeting
- 09681 - Modular Carpeting
- 09722 - Wood Panel Grille System
- 09900 - Painting & Wall Covering
- 10162 - Stainless Steel Toilet Partitions
- 10171 - Plastic Toilet and Shower Partitions
- 10420 - Dedication Plaque
- 10436 - Building Identification Letters
- 10440 - Identifying Devices
- 10450 - Pedestrian Control Devices
- 10510 - Plastic Laminate Lockers
- 10515 - Coin Operated Metal Lockers
- 10522 - Fire Protection Specialties
- 10523 - Automated Defribulator Cabinets
- 10652 - Folding Partition Panels
- 10800 - Toilet and Bath Accessories
- 11132 - Projection Screen
- 11162 - Dock Scissors Lift
- 11483 - Volleyball and Badminton Systems
- 11484 - Basketball Backstops
- 11485 - Curtain Divider
- 11487 - Wall Padding
- 11489 - Swimsuit Dryers
- 12325 - Plastic Laminate Faced Casework
- 13032 - Racquetball Court System
- 13033 - Squash Court Systems
- 13034 - Sauna Systems
- 13036 - Steam Bath
Bid documents have been prepared by Phillips Swager and Associates, 343 S. Dearborn St., Suite 203, Chicago, IL 60604, 312-566-9001, in conjunction with Moody Nolan, Inc., 300 Spruce Street., Suite 300, Columbus, OH 43215-1112, 614-461-4664.
Bid Document Review Sets
The bid documents will be made available to pre-qualified bidders through Power Construction Company, LLC, 2360 Palmer Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173, herein after called the construction manager at a later date. Further details on obtaining these documents will be addressed in the forthcoming bid package provided to pre-qualified bidders.
Information and details concerning the pre-bid conference will be included in the bid documents distributed by the construction manager to only those applicants who are prequalified.
Information and details concerning the bid dates will be included in the bid documents distributed by the construction manager to only those applicants who are prequalified. Bid Package - Group G bid documents will be available in early September and bids will be due late September, early October as applicable to each bid package.
Information and details concerning the location of the public bid opening will be included in the bid documents distributed by the construction manager to only those applicants who are prequalified.
Bid Acceptance or Rejection
The owners reserve the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any informalities in the bidding, and to accept the bids deemed to be in the best interests of the University of Illinois after all bids have been examined and evaluated.
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority which are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay prevailing wages and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
Copies of the application may be obtained from the construction manger by sending a fax to (312) 492-7051 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest to the attention of Mr. Jason Sanderson, project engineer. The project specific prequalification process will begin Friday January 21, 2005. The prequalification deadline for bid group G is 12:00 noon prevailing time on Friday, February 4, 2005. Prequalification applications received after the deadline will be returned unopened to the applicant. Prequalification is only required of prime contractors for each bid package. All applicants must be able to demonstrate adequate design capabilities, as applicable to their respective scope of work. All applicants will also be required to provide adequate bonding per the university requirements. Criteria for evaluation of applicants will include company organization, relevant work experience, volume and type of work, financial standing, planning and scheduling capabilities, safety record, affirmative action and labor compliance records, other trade specific qualifications and annual pre-qualification status with University of Illinois Chicago (for annual pre-qualification go to the University's pre-qualification website at http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/ ).
Notice of Prequalification
After the prequalification deadline, all those applicants who are prequalified for the project will be notified by the construction manager. Bid documents will be distributed by the construction manager to only those applicants who are prequalified.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)