University of Illinois at Chicago
Invitation for Bid: Lighting Systems for UIC Athletic Fields
The project will be re-bid.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
The Board of Trustees of U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the New Lighting Systems for UIC Soccer, Baseball, & Softball Fields at the Chicago campus project.
The project consists of, but not limited to, providing a new lighting system for the soccer field and upgrade existing lighting systems on the baseball and softball fields. The work for the soccer field will include new poles, light fixtures, power distribution and controls. The work for the baseball and softball field will include new lighting fixtures, power distribution and controls.
Division 5 - Electrical Work
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday, November 8, 2005:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois; c/o Facilities Management Department
1140 South Morgan Street; Room B30
ATTN: Dennis Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bid Document Sources
Bid documents have been prepared by Knight E/A, Inc., 221 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 300, Chicago, Illinois 60601, (312) 577-3300, hereinafter referred to as the Professional Services Consultant. The bid documents may be obtained from Ms. Prudence Smith of the Facilities Management, Physical Plant Department, 1140 South Morgan Street, Room B30, Chicago, Illinois, (312) 996-6645 free of charge for one (1) set on or after Monday, October 17, 2005. The Bidder may obtain additional copies by paying the printing costs directly to the printing company.Bid Document Review Sets
For the convenience of bidders, complete sets of bid documents will be on file at:
- McGraw-Hill Dodge Construction, 1411 Opus Place, Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
- Reed Construction Data, 2000 Clearwater Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
- Dodge/Scan: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 130 E. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Chicago Urban League, 220 S. State Street, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604.
- African-American Contractors Association, 3901 S. State St., 1st Flr., Chicago, IL 60609.
- Federation of Women's Contractors, 5650 S. Archer Avenue, Chicago, IL 60638.
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Assoc., 901 W. Jackson, Chicago, IL 60616.
- Coalition for United Community, 2100 S. Indiana, Suite 218, Chicago, IL 60616.
- Black Contractors United, 400 W. 76th Street, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60620.
- Association of Asian Construction Enterprises, 5500 W. Touhy, Unit K, Skokie, IL 60077.
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce, 3512 W. Fullerton Street, Chicago, IL 60647.
- Rainbow-Push Action Network, 930 E. 50th Street, Chicago, IL 60615.
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce, 560 W. Lake Street, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661.
- Midwest Community Council, 301 N. Kedzie, Chicago, IL 60612.
Each bidder shall prequalify with the owner in accordance with the General Instructions to Bidders (Document 00200). If applicable, the project-specific prequalification (Document 00250) deadline is 4:00 p.m. prevailing time on Friday, October 28, 2005.All bidders shall be prequalified with the owner. New bidders that are not prequalified shall prequalify using the owner's web-based Contractor Annual Prequalification System (CAPS)- http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/
Immediately after the closing time for receiving bids, all proposals will be publicly opened, read, and tabulated. Noted errors, omissions and defects will be announced. Bids received after closing time will be returned unopened. The public opening and reading is for information only and is not construed as acceptance or rejection of any bid.Bid Acceptance or Rejection
The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any informalities in the bidding, and to accept the bids deemed to be in the best interests of the University of Illinois after all bids have been examined and evaluated.Statutory Requirements
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority that are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay prevailing wages and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
Bids will be received up to the hour of 11:00 AM local time, on Tuesday, November 8, 2005.Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
For bidding documents and further information, contact
The University of Illinois at Chicago
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held in the Facilities Management Building, 1140 South Morgan Street, Conference Room B16E, Chicago, Illinois at 10:00 a.m. prevailing time on Thursday, October 20, 2005. Representatives of the Owner and the Professional Services Consultant will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. Bidders who fail to attend this mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will not be allowed to bid on this project.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)