Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Monday May 16, 2005:
The Board of Trustees of U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programshereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the Voice Evacuation System - Allied Health Sciences Building at the Chicago campus project.
The Project consists of the complete installation of a new fire voice evacuation system along with firefighters two way phone system in the AHS Building. The new system will interface with the existing fire alarm system.
Bid Document Sources
Bid documents have been prepared by UIC Office for Capital Programs, 1140 S. Paulina, Chicago, Il 60612, phone 312-996-5734, hereinafter referred to as the Professional Services Consultant. The bid documents may be obtained from UIC Office for Capital Programs by depositing a check in the amount of $50 for each set, payable to the UIC Office for Capital Programs.
Bid Document Review Sets
For the convenience of bidders, complete sets of bid documents will be on file at:
- McGraw-Hill Dodge Construction, Opus West Building II, Suite 100, 1411 Opus Place, Downers Grove, IL 60515. 630-971-6740 Fax 630-968-2919
- Reed Construction Data, 2000 Clearwater Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.800-699-8640 Fax 800-508-5370
- Chicago Urban League, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL, 60653. 773-285-1500 Fax 773-285-0879
- African-American Contractors Association, 3901 South State Street, Suite 103, Chicago, IL 60609. 312-915-5960 Fax 312-567-9919
- Federation of Women Contractors, 330 S. Wells, Suite 1110, Chicago, IL 60604. 312-360-1122 Fax 312-360-0239
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association, 901 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607. 312-666-5910 Fax 312-666-5692
- Coalition for United Community, 2100 S. Indiana, Suite 218, Chicago, IL. 60616. 312-225-2085 Fax 312-225-6742
- Black Contractors United, 400 West 76th Street, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60620. 773-483-4000 Fax 773-483-4150
- Association of Asian Construction Enterprises, 333 North Ogden, Chicago, IL 60607
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce, 3512 W. Fullerton Street, Chicago, IL 60647. 773-252-5211 Fax 773-252-7065
- Rainbow ? Push Action Network, 930 E. 50th Street, Chicago, IL 60615. 773-373-3366 Fax 773-373-3028
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce, 460 West Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60661 312-786-0212 Fax 312-786-9079
- Midwest Community Council, 301 North Kedzie, Chicago, IL 60612. 773-826-2244 Fax 773-826-2299
Each bidder shall prequalify with the owner in accordance with the General Instructions to Bidders (Document 00200). If applicable, the project-specific prequalification (Document 00250) deadline is 4:00 p.m. prevailing time on Monday, May 9, 2005.All bidders shall be prequalified with the owner. New bidders that are not prequalified shall prequalify using the owner's web-based Contractor Annual Prequalification System (CAPS)- http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/ Bid Dates
Bids for Division V/Electrical work will be received up to the hour of 2 PM prevailing time, on Monday, May 16, 2005. Submit all proposals to the Board of Trustees at:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois Bid Opening
c/o Office for Capital Programs
1140 S. Paulina
Chicago, Illinois 60612
Attn: T. Skowronski.
Immediately after the closing time for receiving bids, all proposals will be publicly opened, read, and tabulated in Room 240 at 1140 S. Paulina. Noted errors, omissions and defects will be announced. Bids received after closing time will be returned unopened. The public opening and reading is for information only and is not construed as acceptance or rejection of any bid.Bid Acceptance or Rejection
The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any informalities in the bidding, and to accept the bids deemed to be in the best interests of the University of Illinois after all bids have been examined and evaluated.Statutory Requirements
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority that are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay prevailing wages and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
Bids will be received up to the hour of 2:00 PM local time, on Monday, May 16, 2005.Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
For bidding documents and further information, contact
The University of Illinois at Chicago
A pre-bid meeting will be held in the lobby of the building, 1919 W. Taylor St, Chicago at 10 AM prevailing time on Monday, May 2, 2005. Representatives of the owner and the Professional Services Consultant will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are urged to attend.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)