Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until
Friday March 11, 2005:
The Board of Trustees of
U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs
hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the
the UIC Sport and Fitness Center project at the Chicago campus project.
This project will furnish and install the video security system in the new fitness center.
Bid Document Sources
Bid documents have been prepared by The Office for Capital Programs, 1140 S. Paulina Street, Chicago, IL. 60612, 312-996-1051, hereinafter referred to as the professional services consultant. The bid documents may be obtained from the professional services consultant by depositing a check in the amount of fifty dollars for each set, payable to the professional services consultant.
Bid Document Review Sets
For the convenience of bidders, complete sets of bid documents will be on file at:
- McGraw-Hill Dodge Construction, Opus West Building II, Suite 100, 1411 Opus Place, Downers Grove, IL 60515. 630-971-6740 Fax 630-968-2919.
- Reed Construction Data, 2000 Clearwater Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
800-699-8640 Fax 800-508-5370.
- Dodge/Scan; McGraw-Hill, Inc., 130 E. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601.
312-233-6500 Fax 312-233-7430.
- Chicago Urban League, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL, 60653. 773-285-1500 Fax 773-285-0879.
- African-American Contractors Association, 3706 South Indiana, Chicago, IL 60653. 312-915-5960 Fax 312-567-9919.
- Federation of Women Contractors, 330 S. Wells, Suite 1110, Chicago, IL 60604. 312-360-1122 Fax 312-360-0239.
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association, 901 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607. 312-666-5910 Fax 312-666-5692.
- Coalition for United Community, 2100 S. Indiana, Suite 218, Chicago, IL. 60616. 312-225-2085 Fax 312-225-6742.
- Black Contractors United, 400 West 76th Street, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60620. 773-483-4000 Fax 773-483-4150.
- Association of Asian Construction Enterprises, 333 North Ogden, Chicago, IL 60607
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce, 3512 W. Fullerton Street, Chicago, IL 60647. 773-252-5211 Fax 773-252-7065.
- Rainbow ? Push Action Network, 930 E. 50th Street, Chicago, IL 60615. 773-373-3366 Fax 773-373-3028.
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce, 1455 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 240, Chicago, IL 60605. 312-786-0212 Fax 312-786-9079.
- Midwest Community Council, 301 North Kedzie, Chicago, IL 60612. 773-826-2244 Fax 773-826-2299.
Each bidder shall prequalify with the owner in accordance with the General Instructions to Bidders (Document 00200). If applicable, the project-specific prequalification (Document 00250) deadline is 4:00 p.m. prevailing time on Monday, March 7, 2005.
All bidders shall be prequalified with the owner. New bidders that are not prequalified shall prequalify using the owner''s web-based Contractor Annual Prequalification System (CAPS)- http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/
Bids for Division 44 ? Other (Security System) work will be received up to the hour of 2 p.m.. prevailing time, on Friday, March 11, 2005. Submit all proposals to the Board of Trustees at:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o The Office for Capital Programs
1140 S. Paulina Street
Chicago, IL. 60612
Atten: Bradley Appier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Immediately after the closing time for receiving bids, all proposals will be publicly opened, read, and tabulated at The Office for Capital Programs Rm. 244, 1140 S. Paulina Street, Chicago, IL. 60612. Noted errors, omissions and defects will be announced. Bids received after closing time will be returned unopened. The public opening and reading is for information only and is not construed as acceptance or rejection of any bid.
Bid Acceptance or Rejection
The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, to waive any informalities in the bidding, and to accept the bids deemed to be in the best interests of the University of Illinois after all bids have been examined and evaluated.
The successful bidder will be required to comply with all laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, rulings or enactments of any governmental authority that are applicable to the work or to the project. The successful bidder shall pay prevailing wages and shall utilize equal employment opportunity hiring practices in connection with this project.
Bids will be received up to the hour of
local time, on
Friday, March 11, 2005.
Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
For bidding documents and further information, contact
The University of Illinois at Chicago
A pre-bid meeting will be held in building entrance at 829 S. Damen, Chicago, IL. at 10:30 a.m. prevailing time on Wednesday, March 2, 2005. Representatives of the owner and the professional services consultant will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are urged to attend.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)