University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Invitation for Construction Bid: McKinley Center Stabilization/Tuckpointng Chimneys
Project will be re-bid at a future date.
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now John Knittle.
First published Thursday, June 14, 2012
This project, located at the McKinley Health Center, will include the following:
1. The removal and rebuilding of four masonry chimneys to just below the existing roof line due to severe deterioration. Masonry includes brick, stone & concrete chimney caps.
2. The grinding and re-pointing of two chimneys due to moderate deterioration.
3. Removal and re-installation of existing lightning protection providing new fasteners.
4. Contractor to field verify, measure, document, etc. all dimensions of chimneys prior to removal for the purpose of exact rebuild of chimneys.
5. Removal and replacement of existing flashing at six chimneys. Removal of existing slate roofing as required.
Please see the attached file for more information.
Division 23 - Masonry Work
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Friday, July 6, 2012:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois c/o
Facilities and Services - UIUC
1501 South Oak Street
Attention: Dick Drew, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (217) 265-6716
The State Procurement Officer is John Knittle.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.