University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Airport Retainer Engineer
Consultant: Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc.
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Monday February 28, 2005
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois hereby requests qualifications from professional services consultants to provide professional services in connection with the following project:
Description of Project
The engineering firm will be selected to provide professional services for multiple projects at Willard Airport for a five-year period beginning January 1, 2005, with provisions for adjustments of the hourly rate schedule on January 1, 2007, by mutual consent.
This agreement is in recognition of the multiple projects that will occur at this facility and represents an attempt to coordinate those efforts. Engineering services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, efforts associated with feasibility studies, programming, renovation and rehabilitation. Coordination of any work with current deferred maintenance components may be required.
Services will be performed on a project-by-project basis during the contract period. Each project is subject to the availability of funds, and as such there is no guarantee that any work will be funded. This is a non-exclusive agreement for professional services for this facility.
The ability to provide a full range of professional services under the contract is required; including program analysis, preliminary design, construction documents, bidding, construction administration, construction observation, and warranty phase services.
The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified, if and as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
The following projects have been identified, but are not exclusive to this agreement:
- Terminal Access Road Rehabilitation
- Reconstruct Old Terminal Roads and Parking Area
- Rehabilitate Terminal Parking Lots
- Replace VASI's with PAPI's
- Reconstruction GA/School Ramp Parking Area
- Rehabilitate GA Apron NE of Hangar 1
- New Loading Bridge for Commuter Aircraft
- Loading Bridges Modifications
- Acquire Snow Removal Rotary Broom
- T-Hangar Taxiway Rehabilitation
- Sand & Deicing Material Cold Storage Building
- Land Acquisition
- Reconstruction Connections to Runways 14 and 22
- ATCT Site Development - North Quadrant
- ILS Approach to Runway 14L
- Entrance Roads/Utilities for North GA Facility (Phase I)
- Rehabilitate and Overlay Middle of Runway 18/36
- Apron and Taxiways for North GA Facility (Phase I)
- Improvements at Taxiway A and B Intersections
- Partial Perimeter Road
- EA for New GA Runway
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit five copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). This form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/ formspublications.shtml and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted below. The deadline for receipt of submittals is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 16, 2005.
Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak
Champaign, IL 61820
Attn: Kevin D. Duff, (email@example.com)
The Professional Services Consultant selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Wednesday March 16, 2005:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
207 Henry Administration Building
506 South Wright Street
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, engineer, or landscape architect in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Proven professional capability and prior experience on similar kinds of projects.
- Appropriate staff size, professional disciplines, and professional/technical supervision.
- Qualifications and experience of designated principal and project manager for all projects under this contract.
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 with a maximum deductible of $100,000.
- Proximity to University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign Campus
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of the firm and any sub-consultants.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).