Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Friday December 17, 2004:
Natural Gas Engineering Retainer Contract, Urbana-Champaign Campus
Description of Project
The selected consultant will provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis for the period beginning with award and ending June 30, 2005, with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the consultant's hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for two additional one-year periods.
Natural gas engineering services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, the engineering analysis, planning, design, cost control, support and administration of the following:
- Natural gas transmission lines and regulating stations.
- Natural gas distribution systems, including piping and metering.
- Metering of natural gas and compressed air.
- Operation and maintenance for a natural gas transmission and distribution system.
- Regulatory compliance relating to: State of Illinois, Commerce Commission requirements including the Illinois Pipeline Safety Act, 220 IL CS 20, and Illinois Administrative Code Title 83, Parts 520, 590, 595, and 265: and United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, regulations including 49 CFR Par 192.
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. There would be a limit of a $1,000,000 project budget or $100,000 in fees for any single assignment to the professional services consultant. There is no guaranty that the work will be assigned.
The ability to provide a full range of professional services under the contract is also required; including program analysis, preliminary design, final design (construction documents), procurement (bidding) assistance, construction administration, construction observation, and warranty phase services.
The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified if, as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 with a maximum deductible of $100,000.
- Proven professional capability and prior experience on similar kinds of contracts.
- Appropriate staff size, professional disciplines, and professional/technical supervision.
- Qualifications and experience of designated lead engineer for all projects under this contract.
- Prior performance on completed projects for the University of Illinois.
- Current and projected workload on University of Illinois projects.
- Commitment and program to provide quality professional services.
- Proximity to University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign Campus.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of the firm and any sub-consultants.
- Prior experience in the design and construction of natural gas transmission and distribution pipeline, service lateral connection, and metering projects, with emphasis placed on scheduling and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Make-up of the project team including engineers and technicians with specific experience in the operation, maintenance, and design of all phases of natural gas distribution, transmission and metering. This shall include staff that is operator qualified, as required in 49 CFR Part 192, for construction inspection and other covered tasks.
- Overall project experience, with similar natural gas transmission, distribution and metering projects.
- Demonstrated familiarity with application of State of Illinois, Illinois Commerce Commission requirements including the Illinois Pipeline Safety Act, 220 IL CS 20, and Illinois Administrative Code Title 83, Parts 520, 590, 595, and 265.
- Demonstrated familiarity with application of United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, regulations including 49 CFR Par 192.
- Make-up of the project team including engineers and technicians with specific experience in the operation, maintenance, and design of high pressure natural gas transmission pipelines. This shall include staff that is operator qualified, as required in 49 CFR Part 192, for construction inspection and other covered tasks.
Firms should submit 5 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) by 4:00 p.m., Friday, December 17, 2004, addressed to:
Edward J. Scopel, AIA
Associate Campus Architect
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois
1501 South Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820
The professional services consultant selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an engineer in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).