University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Interior Design Architect Retainer Contract
A decision was reached that these services were no longer required.
Monday March 27, 2006
An interior design architectural firm will be selected to provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis for the fiscal year beginning July 14, 2006, and ending June 30, 2007, with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for three additional one-year periods.
Interior design services required under this contract include, but are not limited to: feasibility studies, programming, program analysis, specifications, and small interior design projects.
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. However, there is no guarantee that any work will be assigned.
The ability to provide a full range of professional services under the contract is required; including program analysis, preliminary design, construction documents, bidding, construction administration, construction observation, and warranty phase services.
The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified, if and as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Wednesday April 12, 2006:
University of Illinois
Facilities and Services
1501 South Oak Street
Attention: Edward J. Scopel (email@example.com)
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit 4 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, a copy of your current CDB prequalification application, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). This form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted above.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000, with a maximum deductible of $100,000.
- Proven professional capability.
- Appropriate staff size, professional disciplines, and professional/technical supervision.
- Qualifications and experience of designated principal and project manager for all projects under this contract.
- Prior performance on completed projects for the University of Illinois.
- Current and projected workload on University of Illinois projects.
- Commitment to provide quality professional services.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of the firm.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).