University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Fire Alarm/Protection Systems Consultant Retainer
Project was rebid and awarded under procurement #PSS60070607R.
Friday November 10, 2006
The selected consultant will provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis beginning January 1, 2007 and ending June 30, 2007, with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the consultant's hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for three additional one-year periods (July 1 through June 30).
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. There would be a limit of a $1,000,000 project budget or $100,000 in fees for any single assignment to the Fire Alarm/Protection Systems Consultant. However, there is no guarantee that any work will be assigned.
Fire Alarm/Protection System Consultant services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, design of systems, review of designs and drawings prepared by others. Commissioning of system projects, review of as-built drawings for accuracy and completeness, conducting condition surveys of existing systems, development of system budgets, oversight and assistance with training of owner's maintenance staff. The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified, if and as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Monday November 27, 2006:
Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina Street
Attention: John D. Hiltscher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- -- Section 8: MAFBE information
- -- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- -- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- -- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants. Also included shall be client references from similar projects.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 6 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).