University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Chilled Water Distribution Improvements
Consultant: Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc., Downers Grove, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday November 23, 2005
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois hereby requests qualifications from professional services consultants to provide professional services in connection with the UIC East Side Chilled Water Distribution Improvements project.
This project consists of providing professional services for the design of chilled water distribution at UIC East Side. This additional chilled water distribution is required to serve a number of new UIC buildings now under construction.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Wednesday December 28, 2005:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Facilities Management Department
Attn. Prudence Smith
1140 South Morgan Street; Room B30
NASF: N/AProject Budget:
$3,000,000 Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit 6 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and a copy of your current CDB prequalification applications. This form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted below. The deadline for receipt of submittals is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 28, 2005.
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants. Project Contact
Prudence Smith (email@example.com)The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Experience with utilities projects in the City of Chicago
- Prior experience in the design of major utility distribution systems (steam, chilled water, electric) for a University campus and/or construction of similar projects.
- Make-up and strength of the project team, including consultants.
- Prior experience with institutional clients.
- Overall quality of the projects submitted.
- Overall project experience.
- Appropriate disciplines and complement of staff.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of Engineer and any consultants.
For additional information, contact:
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect engineer, or landscape architect in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).