University of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs
Request for Proposal:
the Structural Analysis of West Steam Tunnel
Vendor: The CTL Group
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday January 19, 2005
Sealed responses will be accepted at the address below until
Friday February 18, 2005:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
207 Henry Administration Building
506 South Wright Street
Description of Project
This project will consist of providing architectural/engineering services for surveying and analyzing areas of structural failures in existing west side steam tunnel, including recommendations, prioritization, and cost estimates.
Construction Budget: N/A
Professional Services Consultant Submittals
Firms should submit 6 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form(section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). This form can be found on the CDB Web site at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/formspublications.shtml and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted below. The deadline for receipt is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2005
University of Illinois at Chicago (M/C 270)
Facilities Management, Physical Plant Dept.
Contract Administration Office
1140 South Morgan Street, Room B30
Chicago, Illinois 60607-4173
Attn: Prudence V. Smith (email@example.com)
The submission of 6 copies of each item prepared in response to the Quality Based Selection (QBS) will facilitate review by the University's selection committee.
Architect/Engineer selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Interested firms should not forward brochures or other data until notified by Office for Planning and Budgeting, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Section 8 & 9 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects.
- Indicate in the letter of interest, the personnel count of the prime firm's parent and branch offices. (This was formerly Section 9 of the CDB SF 255 date 08/02/93.)
- Use the letter of interest to provide any additional information or description of resources supporting your firm's qualification. (This was formerly Section 16 of the CDB SF 255 dated 08/02/93.)
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect/engineer in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Prior experience with structural failure analysis and remedial design of utility distribution tunnels and piping systems.
- Knowledge of structural issues present in utility distribution systems.
- Appropriate disciplines and staff experience on similar projects.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of Engineer and any consultant(s).
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)