University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Utility Service Feasibility Study
Consultant: Stanley Consultants, Inc., Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday April 13, 2007
This is a feasibility study (both engineering and financial) for the University of Illinois to provide Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center with utility service for their planned facilities expansion. The study will address all engineering and financial issues with the production and distribution of utilities to the proposed expansion for a period of 20 years. Projected rates for all utilities generated and distributed are also a part of the proposed study with a comparison of similar rates of a stand-alone plant operated by Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday May 11, 2007:
University Office for Facilities Planning and Programs
1100 South Morgan Street
Attention: Kenneth Buric, email@example.com, and (312) 996-4455
A pre-proposal meeting will be held in the conference room at 10:00 a.m. prevailing time on April 26, 2007. Representatives of the owner will be present to answer questions regarding the project. Only firms that attend the pre-proposal meeting will be eligible to subsequently submit a proposal.
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 6 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Prior University utilities plant experience.
- Prior experience in providing large scale utility generation and distribution studies
- Appropriate staff engineers and/or subconsultants with knowledge of utility production and distribution and rate calculation.
- Dedicated project manager with appropriate experience with utility production, distribution and rate studies.
- Sufficient staff to provide a timely completion of the study.
- Knowledge of power production/steam production heat balance.
- Experience working in the City of Chicago.
- Experience with emissions permitting
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).