University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
College of Pharmacy - Building Systems Master Plan
Consultant: KJWW Engineering Consultants, Naperville, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Thursday June 8, 2006
Develop a master plan of recommended improvements to all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and related systems. The study will include an analysis of the existing systems and their suitability for the building occupancy, phasing options and budget pricing.
Project Area:GSF: 280,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 23, 2006:
Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina Street
Attention: John D. Hiltscher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuic
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Experience in laboratory buildings
- Experience in investigating existing building systems
- Experience in master planning of building systems
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).