University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Stem Cell Lab Relocation
Consultant: Facilities Solutions Group, Elk Grove Village, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday November 2, 2005
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois hereby requests qualifications from professional service consultants to provide professional services in connection with the Stem Cell Lab relocation project.
The proposed project is focused on the renovation of approximately 3,255 GSF on the concourse level of the hospital to downsize and consolidate the hospital morgue/autopsy function and to create space to relocate the stem cell lab from the hospital's third floor. The morgue will remain in operation throughout construction.
The stem cell laboratory is regulated by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - GTP rules for Human Cellular and Tissue Products (HCT/P). A peer program consultant should support the design team.
Programming for down-sizing the morgue/autopsy space will be included in schematic design services. The extent to which MEP systems, including ventilation, normal and emergency power, need to be upgraded to support the project program will also be analyzed, measured and planned in schematic design. This will include the use of a test and balance firm to measure existing baseline ventilation conditions. Ventilation needs to be managed throughout construction as not to adversely affect adjacent occupants and protect construction workers.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday November 17, 2005:
The Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina Street
The University will utilize its retainer commissioning engineer to commission the project.
Project drawings will be submitted to IDPH for their courtesy review.
In general, the goals for this project are to provide a facility that:
- Provides the Hospital with more effective utilization of its space resources
- Provides a functional stem cell laboratory
- Provides a functional morgue/autopsy suite to meet the clinical and teaching requirements for the Hospital
- Meets the functional and special design requirements for the program elements
- Minimizes disruptions to adjacent occupied spaces during construction
- Is economically feasible for the University
- Complies with all regulatory requirements of the regulatory agencies having jurisdiction (FACT, FDA - (HCT/P))
- Complies with all applicable safety and environmental requirements of federal, state, county and city agencies
- The project will follow ILSM and ICRA requirements during construction
- Meets all applicable codes and requirementsAll investigative work, i.e.: surveys, testing, etc shall be by the selected A/E through reimbursable expense
GSF: 3,255Project Area:
$ 1,238,000.00Construction Budget:
$ TBDProfessional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit 4 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB pre-qualification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and a copy of your current CDB pre-qualification applications. This form can be found on the CDB web site at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted above.
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The Unviersity of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.Project Contact
The Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7215
ATTN: Ronald G. Giles, Director A/E Services (Rongg@uillinois.edu)
The Professional Services Consultant selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Firm/team experience with stem cell (tissue culture) and morgue/autopsy laboratories
- A strong engineering commitment to the project
- Quality and specific relevant experience of key staff assigned
- Quality and specific relevant experience of consultants
- Prior performance of firm, its assigned staff and consultants
- Experience with remodeling projects of a similar scope in university teaching hospitals
- Experience with IDPH and JACHO requirements
- Experience with ILSM and ICRA requirements
- Experience with publicly bid construction projects
- Minority and Female Business Enterprise (MAFBE) status of architect/engineer and any consultants
- Ability to produce coordinated quality contract documents and methods for implementation
- Commitment of principle or partner's involvement
- Concern and methods for budget management and cost estimating
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight project time schedule requirements
- Quality of presentation
For additional information, contact:
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Only those firms, which meet the following qualifications, will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, engineer, or landscape architect in the State of Illinois
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).