University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
University of Illinois Hospital Fire Alarm System
Consultant: HOH Architects, Inc., Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Monday July 31, 2006
This project includes replacing the existing fire alarm system of the 8-story building; comply with applicable codes including, but not limited to, CMS/JCHO, Chicago, NFPA and ADA. Install 2 voice communications systems: (a) a two-way fire department communication system providing emergency two-way stations in each stairwell and at every 5th floor and (b) a selective one-way communication system between the fire command panel and elevator lobbies, stairwell and corridors.
Project area: 671,416 gsf
Project budget: $2,500,000
Construction budget: $2,278,400
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Wednesday August 16, 2006:
Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina Street
Attention: John D. Hiltscher, email@example.com
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit 6 copies of the following:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter
- A CDB SF255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects)
- A copy of your current CDB prequalification applications including Section 8 (MAFBE information), Section 8A (MAFBE certification), Sections 12 and 13 (Prequalification category and supporting work experience), and Disclosure Form B including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100 mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Prior experience with projects of a similar nature
Firms must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- The Professional Services Sonsultant's project team must include a NICET Level 3 Fire Alarm System certified individual with at a minimum of five (5) years experience with fire alarm systems governed by the City of Chicago and State of Illinois codes to oversee the fire alarm design.
- The Professional Services Consultant's response to the Request for Qualification must include a statement confirming that they will provide a team member who meets the above requirements. Documentation of the above certification and experience must be provided within two weeks of notification of selection as the top ranked team.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).