University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Medical Building Feasibility Study
Monday March 21, 2005
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois hereby requests qualifications from architects/engineers to provide professional services in connection with the Pavilion Building - Feasibilty Study project.
Description of Project
This project will employ architectural and engineering services to develop a feasibility study for the design and construction of a new multi-story medical building of approximately 200,000 GSF. The Pavilion may consist of an ophthalmology clinic, outpatient services including six operating rooms, imaging, psychiatric in-patient services, pharmacy, public spaces, shell space and related administrative support and MEP spaces.
The initial commission will be limited to the preparation of the feasibility study. Upon approval of the project by the Board of Trustees, the retained architect would be considered for full or partial completion of the balance of the project, including options for design only, core and shell, interior build-out, etc. The University also expects to commission the services of a construction manager and may commission the services of an estimating firm for independent verification of cost projections. However, if an independent CM or cost estimating firm is employed, this will not relieve the A/E team of their responsibility for cost estimating and developing a design that can be completed within budget.
GSF: Approx. 200,000
Project Budget: $ T.B.D.
Construction Budget: $ T.B.D.
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
- Architect/Engineer/Consultant experience in the preparation of feasibility studies and the design and construction of similar hospital and outpatient facilities
- Quality and specific relevant experience of key staff assigned
- Ability to produce coordinated quality contract documents and methods for implementation
- Concern and methods for budget management and cost estimating
- Commitment of principal or partner's involvement in project
- Appropriate staff size and disciplines
- Prior performance of the firm, its assigned staff and consultants
- Consultants appropriate for this project and acceptable to the University
- Quality of presentation
- MAFBE Status of Architect/Engineer and any consultants
Firms should submit 4 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). This form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/ formspublications.shtml and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted below. Indicate in the letter of interest, the personnel count of the prime firm's parent and branch offices. (This was formerly Section 9 of the CDB SF 255 dated 8/2/93.) Use the letter of interest to provide any additional information or description of resources supporting your firm's qualifications. (This was formerly Section 16 of the CDB SF 255 dated 8/2/93.) The deadline for receipt of submittals is 4:00 PM, Tuesday, April 5, 2005.
University of Illinois
1140 South Paulina Street
Chicago, IL 60612-7215
ATTN: Ronald G. Giles, Director A/E Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Architect/Engineer selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Interested firms should not forward brochures or other data until notified by the Office for Capital Programs, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday April 5, 2005:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
207 Henry Administration Building
506 South Wright Street
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect/engineer in the State of Illinois
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system (with 3D modeling preferred)
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).