Responses will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Wednesday February 9, 2005:
Description of Project
This project will employ commissioning engineering services related to the remodeling/upgrade/renovation of various areas within the University of Illinois Hospital and Outpatient Care Center. Renovation/remodeling in the University of Illinois Hospital may include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Sleep Lab, SICU & NICU, Surgery, Imaging, GI & Cardiology. In the Outpatient Care Center renovation/remodeling may include low intensity medical, administrative offices, Radiology, Orthopedic and MRI reconfiguration. General building upgrades may include a new lobby, northwest building area in-fill and fourth floor in-fill at the University of Illinois Hospital and remodeling/renovation of public spaces at the Outpatient Care Center.
The following list includes some, but not all of the typical services that may be required of the commissioning engineer selected:
- Complete commissioning engineering services starting with preliminary review of feasibility study, pre-construction services including a critical review of the conceptual/schematic design.
- Pre-construction commissioning services including a critical review of the conceptual/schematic design.
- Establishment of testing and balancing requirements and procedures.
- Oversight of testing and balancing performed by others.
- Services shall be performed in coordination with the architects, engineers, construction manager and other consultants retained independently by the University.
- Close coordination with the Office for Capital Programs and University staff involved in the project.
Upon approval of the feasibility study, the retained commissioning engineer would then be responsible for completion of commissioning services related to the development of the concept and schematic design phases by the master architect and the balance of each project/area by multiple architects/engineers selected for completion of each project under the master architect's oversight.
Initial commission may be limited to commissioning services related to the preparation of a feasibility study by the master architect pending availability of funding and project approval.
The University may select two commissioning engineers, one to complete services related to the Hospital and another to provide services related to the Outpatient Care Center.Project Area
NASF: T.B.D.Project Budget
Construction Budget: $ T.B.D.
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
- Firm and staff experience commissioning projects of a similar size and complexity
- Approach to project commissioning
- Expertise in building systems
- Specific expertise in building controls systems
- Project team (firm and staff) qualifications
- Firm/Staff capacity - Current engagements/workload of firm and assigned staff
- Experience with hospital/outpatient care center projects
- Proximity to University of Illinois at Chicago Campus
- MAFBE Status of Engineer and any Consultants.
Firms should submit four copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB pre-qualification letter, and a 255 form(section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). This form can be found on the CDB Web site at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/formspublications.shtml and once completed, shall be submitted to the address noted below. The dedline for receipt is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 9, 2005.
University of Illinois
1140 South Paulina Street
Chicago, IL 60612-7215
ATTN: Ronald G. Giles, Director A/E Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Engineer/Architect selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
Interested firms should not forward brochures or other data until notified by the Office for Capital Programs, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Indicate in the letter of interest, the personnel count of the prime firm's parent and branch offices. (This was formerly Section 9 of the CDB SF 255 dated 8/2/93.) Use the letter of interest to provide any additional information or description of resources supporting your firm's qualifications. (This was formerly Section 16 of the CDB SF 255 dated 8/2/93.)
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an engineer/architect in the State of Illinois
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board if applicable
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD compatible system (with 3D modeling preferred)
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)