This project will consist of the preparation of a master plan study and the resulting documentation for the University of Illinois Willard Airport located in Savoy, Illinois, which is proximal to the Urbana-Champaign campus. Utilizing existing Willard Airport related information as a point of reference, the professional services consulting team will execute a work program that envisions future Willard Airport (and its surrounding University-owned properties) development possibilities. The project will follow the University of Illinois' master plan process of program verification, analysis of existing conditions, analysis of projected future conditions, development and evaluation of alternative solution strategies, refinement of a preferred alternative concept plan, and the development of a final airport master plan and design guidelines. Deliverable products will include meeting summaries, intermediate work products, a final master plan presentation to the Board of Trustees, and a final computer-generated master plan & design guidelines. The final report will include all the requisite text and imagery in an electronic format that is capable of print and electronic publication.
The professional services consulting team will also be required to engage and collaborate with various stakeholders from the University and surrounding communities to identify emergent issues and provide opportunities to explore all plausible future plans concerning the principal and peripheral airport operations/development. It is anticipated that this collaborative approach will result in optimizing and enhancing the levels and types of services provided by Willard Airport. It is further anticipated that the substance of the master plan will contribute to and integrate with the economic and cultural development of both the University of Illinois and its greater metropolitan area. This master plan will ultimately explore economic opportunities at the Airport and its surrounding properties that contribute to the economic viability of the region.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Wednesday February 1, 2006:
For further information about the Willard Airport Master Plan project, please link to the following:
- Scope of Professional Services - download the Documentation for this notice at the link below
- Willard Airport - http://www.flycmi.com
- UIUC Master Planning - http://www.uofpp.uillinois.edu/UIUCplan.htm
~1,762 Acres with ~366,520 GSF of facilitiesProject Budget:
To Be DeterminedProfessional Services Consultant Submittal
Interested teams must submit the following: a letter of interest, a copy of the each firms' Capital Development Board (CDB) prequalification letter, a copy of each firms' current CDB prequalification applications, and a completed CDB 255 Form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects). The CDB 255 form can be downloaded at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc. Deadline for receipt of submittals is:
2:00 PM (Central Time), Wednesday, February, 1, 2006.
Interested teams must submit the following copies of their submittals:
One electronic copy of the professional services consultant submittal shall be uploaded (in PDF format) using the submit link located in the project advertisement at the following URL, http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/prism/ocpweb.nsf/aefd62e03a0cd9eb86256cb7005b0183?OpenForm&ParentUNID=862564DF00586F2E862570F40080E4E7. Do not submit via email.
Five (5) Printed Copies shall be mailed to the address noted below in the Project Contact section.
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms (both primes and consultants).
The Professional Services Consultant selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).Project Contact
University Office for Facilities Planning and Programs
807 South Wright Street, Suite 340
Champaign, Illinois 61820
Attn:Mark Inglert, ASLA, AICP
Manager of University Planning & Design
(217) 333-5688 | email@example.comProject-related Criteria
The following will be used to evaluate the teams requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firms
- Overall design/planning quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Prior project team experience in airport master planning, airport-related economic development, and space planning during the last five years
- Prior project team experience in collaborative planning activities
- Prior project team experience with unique public/private partnerships
- Appropriateness of the project team's disciplines and staff size
- Key personnel assigned to and involved with this specific project
- Internet access and experience with appropriate computer software (presentation, graphics, etc.)
For additional information, contact:
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Only those teams which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- As applicable, licensed to practice as an architect, engineer, or landscape architect in the State of Illinois
- As applicable, prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS compatible system
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).