University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): UIC Med Ctr Certificate of Need Support Services
Consultant: SmithGroup Inc., Chicago, ILNumber of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Friday, October 19, 2007
The purpose of this project is to perform a Master Design Study and related work in response to the Certificate of Need granted to the University of Illinois Medical Center. The primary objective of the Master Design Study is to test, validate, and refine the previously developed master planning concepts, and based on the recently developed detailed Functional Space Programs, to translate them into a comprehensive Master Design for the medical campus. Additional information is provided in the attachments to this Request for Professional Services Qualifications.
Project Area: GSF: TBD
Project Area: NASF: TBD
Project Budget: $ TBD
Construction Budget: $ TBD
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 12:00 PM, Friday November 9, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Office for Capital Programs
1140 South Paulina
Attn: John D. Hiltscher, Assoc. Director, A/E and Pre-Construction Services (email@example.com)
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 7: MAFBE information
- Section 7A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Acceptance of the terms and conditions of the University of Illinois' standard Professional Service Agreement is required. The sample agreement can be downloaded from https://przm.apps.uillinois.edu/usdcc/usdccv13.nsf/Print+PSA?OpenForm
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the agreement, please call the contact person listed above prior to the submittal due date.
Firms should submit 6 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of firm, proposed staff and consultants
- Prior experience of the proposed project staff in the design and construction of similar projects.
- Overall design quality of the relevant projects submitted
- Additional criteria are described in the attachments to this RFQ.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).