University of Illinois at Springfield
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
New Residence Hall
Consultant: Loebl Schlossman & Hackl Inc., Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Thursday August 3, 2006
This project consists of the construction of a new 200 bed student residence hall. The facility may also include space for a coffee shop and bookstore, as well as other ancillary spaces such as offices and meeting rooms. Project is located at the Southeast corner of Vachel Lindsay Drive and Eliza Farnham Drive, which is just west of the existing Lincoln Residence Hall - Building #11 on the Springfield campus. Please reference the following links to view site location:
Surrounding utilities are shown in the drawings attached to this advertisement.
The University of Illinois requires construction to be at final completion by June 2, 2008.
Project Area - GSF: 58,400
Project Area - NASF: TBD
Project Budget: $15,810,000
Construction Budget: $13,627,488
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday August 24, 2006:
University of Illinois Office for Facilities Planning and Programs
Attention: Mark Inglert (firstname.lastname@example.org) 217-333-5688
807 S. Wright, Suite 340
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- Letter of interest
- Copy of its CDB prequalification letter
- CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects)
- Copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- - Section 8: MAFBE information
- - Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- - Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- - Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
- Listing of anticipated key personnel assigned to and involved with this specific project describing their role in the project, office location they work out of, and current commitments on other projects
- Current commitments of proposed firm(s) on the professional services consulting team
- Narrative describing project management, QA/QC, and cost control systems and methods.
- Narrative describing experience(s) working with Construction Manager during design and construction
- Schedule for anticipated completion of design documents, including bidding documents, and construction to meet final completion date of June 2, 2008
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the complete packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information:
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via e-mail.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm(s)
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Appropriateness of the project team's disciplines and staff size
- Familiarity with university residence hall design and construction
- Proximity of project team members office(s) to the project site
- Proven ability to meet the project schedule
- Proven ability to provide high quality construction documents with minimum errors and omissions
- Project management ability
- QA/QC systems and program
- Proven ability to meet budget
- MAFBE status of project team
- Familiarity with sustainable design techniques and methods.
- Proven ability to work together with a Construction Manager
- Thoroughness and validity of anticipated design and construction completion schedule
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).