University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Library - Repair Exterior Envelope
This project was cancelled.
Friday May 26, 2006
Because of age, antiquated design details, and long-term exposure to cyclical climate extremes, much of the building envelope, both sub-structure and super-structure has been damaged and is in need of repair or replacement. The deterioration of wood framed windows with single pane glazing, sealants, roofing system and masonry/grout erosion has led to air infiltration and moisture migration complications throughout the building.
Remove existing wood and metal-framed single glazed windows.
Furnish and install wood or aluminum clad wood window units with double glazed insulated glass.
Clean and re-point select masonry & stone facades.
Remove existing built-up roofing system at flat roofs.
Furnish and install fully adhered 60 mil EPDM roofing system.
Project Area: 533,662 GSF
Project Budget: $6,000,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 16, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Jean Ascoli (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-244-9013)
1501 South Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).